WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pillar Candles

Rudie0730
02-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Do the pillar candles sell well? I don't have any to show so I'm thinking that customers will stick with the others. Plus the scents are so unusual wouldn't they want to smell first. I was a bit disappointed that the scent samples weren't included in the display bag.

Ruth

SandyMilton
02-24-2006, 04:11 AM
I haven't personally sold any pillars - my customers seem to prefer the jars.

lovethiscandle
02-24-2006, 06:45 AM
I have sold one - the licquorice/grapeseed one. I think my customers are used to the tall round pillars so I haven't got much of abite. I display them at evey event. I might lower the price a bit or offer 2 for a discounted price.You may want to order one of eachif you get a chance because, yes, you do almost need to smell them first.

My favorite is Ginger/Cedarwood! I love it!

UNcommonScents
02-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I *love* the pillars. When I did a gift & craft show in December, they were
the hit of the show. They are just so unique and the marbled look of the
wax is gorgeous. Also, the quadra-light effect is uniwue and truly
beautiful- great for atmosphere at a dinner party or a romantic evening
with your sweetie.

I also love the value of these candles- Once the wick burns down, you
can either place a tealight inside and continue to enjoy the glow on all
four sides, or you can chop it up and use it in your melt warmer.

I think the pillars have a tremendous potential for specialty gift stores,
too. A friend of mine owns a retro shop geared toward the college kids,
and I am bringing him a display of pillars this weekend to see how they
sell in his shop. I'll report back to let you all know how they do!

soycandles4tam
02-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Ruth,
I have sold several pillars and they are pretty. The only thing with them is I really warn my clients to "baby" them. You really have to follow the burn time instructions closely because if not the hot wax will melt a hole in the side and the wax will leak all over. I have had this happen to several of my clients. Just give an extra warning to be really cautious with these. They are really pretty though with the light on all four sides. I'm glad we have a product that is something different like these, that you can't just get anywhere. Very unique!
Tammy

earthlydream
02-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I sold pillar to a candle fanatic client who said she will keep buying them as they were her favorite! smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1