WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

blingslinger
08-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi all!

I'm trying to explain this to a customer. I've given her a coupon for 30% off one item and 10% off her second PLUS Free shipping. It's a great deal for her. Now she wants to know why I am taxing the full retail amount of the jewelry instead of the discounted amounts. I am struggling to put it in words. Can anyone help me with the explanation? I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks!

ralphie
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM
....you, personally are giving her a discount...you are making up the price difference. It is still being ordered at full price. Let her know that you are making up the difference out of your own pocket. Tell her you can pay the extra tax but she will have to pay for shipping......??

blingslinger
08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Thank you, Robin :) I emailed her back and she said she understood. I had it in my head what needed to be said, but it wouldn't come out on paper, LOL. I appreciate you helping me out!

Deirdre