WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mommyathome
02-22-2006, 07:33 AM
I have been looking around at candle companies lately. I really want to sell candles and I hear Mia Bellas are wonderful. If I join, I was looking to start with a big kit so I can be prepared. Whats the biggest kit Mia Bella offers? Also, what makes one sponser better than another? DO I choose someone who has lots of people already under them? Kinda confused on the best way to go...

Well, thanks in advance for your help.....this board seems heplful.

OliviaHyder
02-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I'll send you a pm!

Have a great day!

Olivia

lovethiscandle
02-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi!Olivia has already PM'd you with information on our wonderfulcompany.I just wanted to repost what my thoughts are on sponsorship.

I thinka sponsor is someone who will be able to answer your questions, help with ideas, and motivation. Ultimately it is your business and you can set your goals according to what is comfortable to you. Be sure to pick someone you feel comfortable with. I don't believethe sponsor is what makes yousuccessful,YOU make yourself successful. (no matter what they may promise you now) Your sponsor is there to help train, motivateand support you. I think many of us on the board are very good trainers, motivators and I know we support everyone. We are allworking our businesses.

Good luck in yourdecision!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

mommyathome
02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Thank you both.....appreciate your answers.....smileys/smiley2.gif

*Bama*
02-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Best wishes to you!!! Take your time and make sure you pick the best person for YOU!

UNcommonScents
02-22-2006, 08:50 AM
The best way to choose a sponsor is to go about it the way you would
interview and choose someone to fill a job opening for your business.
Essentially, this is exactly what you are doing- you are interviewing
people for the position of Your Business Partner!

Your sponsor will also be your personal coach, so you want to choose
someone that you feel a "connection" to- a personality match, common
interests or goals.. Find someone who will be able to provide you with
the support that you require and who can commit to providing you the
training and time committment that you want.

Remember that your sponsor is one element to your training and
support- you also want to choose a strong team, with a solid track record
of success and proven training materials and programming in place for
you to take advantage of. If your sponsor can't answer a question or
doesn't have specific materials that you need, how will she get them for
you, or who can she refer you to for help? Does your team do 3-way
conference support calls? Are your upline members (directors, etc.)
accessible? Do you have access to a lead co-op, weekly team-only
training calls, archives of recorded calls and training materials?

Best of luck in your research and interviewing- I hope you find the perfect
opportunity and sponsor to meet your needs.

Enjoy the process!
--Kitt

Lori Moreno
02-22-2006, 08:53 AM
smileys/smiley17.gifHi Mommyathome!

I think it does make a huge difference who YOU CHOOSE to sponsor with.

Two years ago I chose the best Team I could find for me, within Mia Bella, and it's been one of the best business decisions I could have ever made.

For me it was/is important to work with a very successful team with everything in place. I made a transition from corporate America to attaining financial freedom in this great industry. Now my goal is to help others do the same. For me, it's wonderful to be able to have everything available, excellent training, support, etc. for others joining me.

To YOUR SUCCESS!

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

cinnamonmomof3
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi I just wanted to try and answer your questions.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Your topic questions asks “why Mia Bella?” for me that was easy, I believe the candles and the compensation plan are the best! I have burned many other candles and compared them to Mia Bella candles and ours always win. The comp plan is awesome! You get control over the retail price and if you sell them for the SRP it’s a 100% mark up! Also you can earn commission off your very first team member, that is a big deal, a lot of companies make you wait until you are a “team leader” and sponsor, and train, many before you earn from them.

What’s the biggest kit Mia Bella offers?

That is the Fast Start pack. You get:
1 Sample Bag containing up to 80 ½ oz sample scents
1 Dozen Mixed 16 oz Jar candles
1 Dozen Votives
1 mixed dozen Bella bars
6 body wash tubes
6 Sweet Orange and chill pepper pump hand washes
1 dozen Macintosh Car Air fresheners
1 pack of Body wash samples
1 pack of brochures
1 Mia Bella Logo Pin

What makes one sponsor better than another?

I think that is a personal choice and I think it’s best to go with someone you click with. Don’t be afraid to talk to a few and pick one you feel comfortable with. Just because some one has a big team does not mean they will be a better sponsor that someone that has a small team. I think it also depends on what you personally need from a sponsor.

Anyway Good luck with your decision!!

Cinnamon
http://cinnamon.scent-team.com/home.php (http://cinnamon.scent-team.com/home.php)

SandyMilton
02-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Why Mia Bella? These are my reasons why:

1. outstanding product - clean burning, fabulous scent throw, and body products that are wonderful!

2. limited product line - meaning, if they want candles, they have a choice of a 16 oz. jar, votives (which I sell in groups), and pillars. Why is this a plus? When I used to offer more sizes and styles (not Scent-Sations), customers always went for a smaller sized purchase. That gets frustrating when yourincome was reduced because they chose a smaller size. To me, a limited product line is an ASSET and not a liability.

3. Three ways for income - find your strenth and get it to blossom! Retail, Fundraisers, Recruiting - there's something for everyone and anyone!

4. Incredible profit margin of 50% - that's a 100% markup from our wholesale price! Once you build a downline, 10% of the C.V. (commissionable value) on your 1st and 6th level - 5% on levels 2-5.

5. The people that run Scent-Sations - they are phenominal - and "reachable" - not just "a name" that's associated with the company.

6. Company sponsored training (and recruiting calls) - it's accessible via computer and phone (on Monday nights) and phone Tues-Sat, in addition topre-recorded calls - and truly helpful.

7. A CD presentation available for purchase that you don't have to buy over and over again - you have your own "master copy" to burn as many as you need!

8. Reasonably priced distributor materials

9. One of the best perks for me is the SPEED of delivery - from the time you place the order to when it's delivered to your home - my customers are pleased at how quickly I can get them their orders!

10. Have I mentioned yet that our signature scent of Sweet Orange &amp; Chili Peppers is awesome?!?! I've not smelled anything like it before and my customers LOVE it - my best seller for sure!

It sounds like you've done your homework and I look forward to seeing you post here among us as a distributor soon! smileys/smiley17.gif

UNcommonScents
02-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Sandy-

Great list of reasons! BUT... You forgot one of the most important ones:

IT'S SO MUCH FUN!</font>

smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley36.gif

SandyMilton
02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
DOH!!!! http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//doh.gif

You're absolutely right Kitt! This business truly IS a lot of fun!!

http://www.sandysspot.wahmdrive.com/i//th_ban_dance01.gif

happymommy
02-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I just wanted to say hello and add my thoughts on your questions. I
have sold candles in my massage therapy practice for almost 10 yrs. I
heard of Mia Bella about 2.5 yrs ago and would never try them, because
I was extremely loyal to a specific brand. I thought they were the very
best money could buy, smelled the best, were the lowest sooting (they
did soot, but they were the lowest </span>sooting
one's I'd ever tried), etc. A couple months ago, I found myself reading
this board often and looking at Mia Bella, and I just couldn't get my
mind off them. What if they really ARE as good as everyone says?? I'm
missing out, and not offering the best that I could be. I decided to
and see for myself. I figured, why pay retail, when I can try for a
deep discount? If I didn't like them, I could cancel...nothing to lose.
Well, some of the ladies here may remember my response the day they
arrived. I was thrilled, but very sorry I had waited so long to try
these wonderful candles! They are truly the best. You can't beat the
profit margin. The founders of the company wanted distributors to be
able to make a living even if they never recruited a single person.
That says A LOT. You don't have to do parties if you don't want.
There're are no quotas other than your COTM. You just can't go wrong
with Mia Bella in my opinion!

As far as a sponsor, I think that is a very personal choice. I tend to
look for someone I "click with". Whether they have a large team, or are
just starting out, if I feel comfortable talking with them, feel they
have a sincere interest in my success, and are willing to find the
answers I need even if they don't have them, that is who I will go
with. I know my success lies within my own hands, but a great sponsor
makes things much easier.

I hope this helps you. You can see from the enthusiasm on this board, we all love Mia Bella and are here to help you!

Take care!

Jennifer

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1