WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : CD Presentation

earthlydream
02-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Are any of you using your CD on your website? Instead of sending it out to potential partners it can be viewed right on your website. smileys/smiley32.gif

UNcommonScents
02-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I communicated with Charlie about this possibility. But the program is quite
large- about 500MB - so even people with high speed internet would have
to wait about 3 minutes for the program to start if viewing it from a website.
Also, if your ISP puts a limit on your bandwidth (most do) you will probably
run out of bandwidth after 10 people or so view the program.

IF someone can figure out a way to get past these issues, PLEASE let us
know!

earthlydream
02-18-2006, 02:42 PM
I saw a presentation on someone's site already that is where I got idea. I can't remember who's site it was. I can go thru my history or emails to find out. It loaded fast & looked great! smileys/smiley1.gif

Seeems like an excellent way to promote or no costs of mailing.

lovethiscandle
02-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes,I would love it ifthe companycould look into getting a short presentation that is similar to the cd only a shorter version.Other MLMs have short video presentation on their websites, and I have found them helpful.

wahmse
02-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I view the CD in high speed and it loads fairly quick. Just a few seconds, not minutes for me. Might be for some, but I don't have that issue.

I am waiting on my CD to be configured. Once I have it I will beuploading itto my site.

Now for dial up users it does take some time and does break up (sound).The sound quality is inand out so it isn't the best for the many dial up users. In a perfect world, everyone would have high speed, but till then it doesn't work best for those users.

It's a great online presentation for those who can view it. I am all for providing quick information and something that is less expensive, affordable andtime consuming. However, I have heard many are doing well with mailing the cds, samples and a brochure.

Diane
http://www.WomensOnlineNetwork.com (http://www.WomensOnlineNetwork.com) Edited by: wahmse

UNcommonScents
02-19-2006, 09:25 AM
I noticed that the website I saw that has the presentation online is the older
version of the program- the new program has a lot of video in it and is
much longer. It is do-able, but does not load smoothly.

I think I will continue to mail out the CD along with scent and body wash
samples. As we all know, once people experience our products, they fall in
love!

In all you do, CHOOSE Success!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1