WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Lori Moreno
02-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Mia Bella LOVERS!smileys/smiley17.gif

Okay, this is WAY TOO COOL/HOT!smileys/smiley32.gif

Mia Bella Placemats are coming for Distributors

THIS WEEK!

Listen to the calls this week and check out our company message board!

We'll be able to order them directly from Mia Bella and place them in RESTAURANTS!!!! smileys/smiley32.gif

WOW!

This company ROCKS!

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif

StefanieF
02-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I don't see how a placemat would be an effective marketing tool.....Sorry

Lori Moreno
02-04-2006, 04:21 PM
I DO!!!

WOW!

StefanieF
02-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Do you care to elaborate?

UNcommonScents
02-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Honestly, I don't see how a placemat would be an
effective marketing tool.....Sorry

smileys/smiley25.gif smileys/smiley25.gif smileys/smiley25.gif smileys/smiley25.gif smileys/smiley25.gif smileys/smiley25.gif

--Are you KIDDING ME?!!!smileys/smiley3.gif

Placemat = Captive Audience.

What do you do when you're sitting in a restaurant waiting for your food?

If you loved gourmet candles, or you were a member of the PTO or
another organization in need of a new/better way to raise funds, or you
were thinking how much you'd like to start your own business... And you
had an advertisement for our gourmet candles offering those
opportunities, right in front of you... Wouldn't an advertisement on a
placemat with this information catch your attention?

Also, think of the cost effectiveness of this method of marketing, and the
huge number of people you can reach with very little personal effort.

Most importantly... EXPOSURE is ALWAYS a GOOD THING!!

Mia Bella placemats.. It's Genious!

I can DEFINITELY see the effectiveness of this marketing tool, and I am
EXCITED! WOO HOO!

Thanks for the awesome update Lori! I know I'll be putting my
placements in local restaurants and truck stops! Think of all the
FUNDRAISING opportunity leads this will generate! WAHOOOO!!!

THANKS, SCENT-SATIONS! smileys/smiley32.gif smileys/smiley20.gif smileys/smiley32.gif smileys/smiley20.gif
</font></font>

For one reason or another, this company ALWAYS has me doing my
Mia Bella Happy Dance!smileys/smiley36.gif

--Kitt

StefanieF
02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Maybe I am totally missing the boat here, but what decent restaurant is going to let you put Mia Bella placemats on their tables????

Edited by: StefanieF

happybrats3
02-04-2006, 05:27 PM
So what does the restaurant get out of this? Curious how you will approach a restaurant to do this? What type of restaurants are we talking about here?

smileys/smiley17.gif

iluvsoycandles
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I agree, I am wondering what kind of restuarant would allow youto place "candle" placemats that arent related to their business. smileys/smiley5.gif

I am not doubting the product, or the company. they must see a need and market for this or they wouldnt be introducing it. Just wondering where their line of thought is on it.

I live in a big city and there are many chain restaurants. Not many mom and pop kinda places. Maybe they have an idea to market "away" from the restaurant avenue. We will see!!

I am sure it will be EXCITING!! smileys/smiley32.gif

I guess it really depends on what they look like and say too. I guess we shouldnt speculate until they are actually introduced huh? smileys/smiley36.gif

Edited by: iluvsoycandles

StefanieF
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Here is a photo....

http://candlemama.scent-team.com/images/newdistmaterials/placemats_sm.jpg

The cost is $100 for 2,500.
Edited by: StefanieF

Margey
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I canpicture a placemat like that in a Big Boy.....

or a Denny's.......???

UNcommonScents
02-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Family restaurants.

A small fee is usually involved, in the same realm of renting ad space.

Family restaurants are a great avenue for fundraisers and for moms looking
for a SAH job opportunity.

You're not going to see an advertising placemat in a gourmet restaurant, but
I don't really believe the market you would want are going to be having
meals there very often.

Think outside the box, ladies!

Lori Moreno
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Margey!smileys/smiley36.gif

I saw a Big Boy when I was in Detroit last weekend!

See you in MICHIGAN!..... hahahaha

Are you going to put your Mia Bella placemat there?

Bon Appetit!

Hey Everyone! smileys/smiley17.gif

Let's see this week on the Thursday night live training call and watch your back offices Message Board... should be very interesting!

iluvsoycandles
02-04-2006, 06:06 PM
So Kitt, are you saying we are targeting poor people? lol smileys/smiley36.gif

Sorry, i know what you meant, just teasing!!!

lovethiscandle
02-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Hmmm. I think this is a great idea, but after seeing how beautiful our brochures and supplies are - these look a little bland and there is quite a bit of wording.I think though if these are personalized (I assume they are) you could make a lot of money -reach TONS of new customers or distributors. We have about 15 family resteraunts that may be interested in something like that.

To me, it looks too much like a classified add - less is more (I think it would be classier with less wording).ILove the idea though and the coupon! (Maybe if I could see one in person or read the wording I will change my mind)

happybrats3
02-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Okay I will ask again,

So what does the restaurant get out of this? Curious how you will approach a restaurant to do this? Why would they want to do this?What type of restaurants are we talking about here?

I can see a small ad on a placemat with other companies, but not sure I am getting this MB placemat idea.

smileys/smiley5.gif

lovethiscandle
02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I agree, I am wondering what kind of restuarant would allow youto place "candle" placemats that arent related to their business. smileys/smiley5.gif

Jen, I have an idea! A lot of our restaurants have a little gift area - perhaps they could be distributors or consignors and then these placemats would be about their business!

So many of ours are the actual menus though - lol! They would have to buy menus then.

Maybe a small ice cream shop or pizza joint too?

I am sure someone had to already have test marketed this idea and will be letting us know soon. Edited by: lovethiscandle

mom24divas
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Well just to add my .02. Years ago my husband did placemat advertising sales. That is basically where different companies all pay a small fee to have an ad on a placemat and they are placed in local restaurants. He was responsible for selling enough ads to fill a placemat and securing locations to distribute them. He basically went to small and independently owned restaurants and offered them placemats free of charge. Thats saves the restaurant a little money (they don't have to buy placemats). So I guess it would work kind of the same way -except you don't have to sell the adssmileys/smiley4.gif.

Kimberley

iluvsoycandles
02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
How did that work out? Do you know? Where the Rest. owners receptive to the idea??

thanks for sharing!! smileys/smiley2.gif

mom24divas
02-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes! Like I said the restaurants on his route were mostly small and independently owned. Let's see if I remember he had 3 family restaurants, 2 bbq restaurants, a sports bar, 2 or 3 coffee shops and a few others. This was years ago while he was in school that he did this business, but yes it took care of our family for quite a while. Because he was making money off of the advertising side of it he was able to offer the restaurants all the placemats/tray liners they needed. They would call him when they were running low and he would deliver more. It worked out for him great cause once he got a good route the restaurants never dropped out. I will ask him when he gets home how he approached the restuarants.

Kimberley

michiganmom
02-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I think they're a great idea. I think alot of restaurants would be willing to use them. Small coffee shops, coney islands, diners, truck stops, sports bars, etc. The big chain restaurants aren't gonna wanna use them but there are lots of other possibilities. Like Kimberley said, it will save the restaurant money because they're not supplying them. I've seen the ones that Kimberley is talking about with all the different businesses and have also seen it done on coffee mugs too. I have to agree with Kitt, it's a captive audience, people waiting on their food. I have to agree I'd like to see a little more color on them though.

BTW Lori, you were in Michigan and you didn't even call to say hi?!smileys/smiley19.gif Just kidding!! lol

Gail

Margey
02-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Gail,

You going to come over and hang with me in MI?

michiganmom
02-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Of course, you know it girl!!

Lori Moreno
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
smileys/smiley9.gifHi Gail..... um

Actually I went there with 12 people in three cars. We went to see the Rodin/Camille Claudel Exhibit at the gorgeous Arts Museum in Detroit, the Symphony and Greektown!

Detroit has really changed. wow!

Don't be mad.smileys/smiley19.gif

You know I love you Gail!smileys/smiley27.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley31.gif

michiganmom
02-07-2006, 07:19 AM
smileys/smiley17.gifI'm not mad Lori, I just had to mess with you a little! smileys/smiley2.gif

Do you know I've lived in Michigan for 10 years now and have never been to Greektown! If you come back to Detroit, you and Margey and I will have to go hang out!! What do you think?smileys/smiley4.gif

Gail

Lori Moreno
02-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Gailsmileys/smiley36.gif

One of my specialties is HAVING FUN, as you may have noticed!smileys/smiley17.gif

You two will be close enough to Chicago, which is a city full of fun. Kitt and Debra are close in Wisconsin, so we should all get together!

How close are you to Bloomfield Hills, Franklin, Farmington Hills? I have a lot of friends there who I didn't get a chance to see during our quick trip. Actually it would be a blast to meet you and Margey if you're anywhere near there.

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley4.gif(Always ready for a PARTY!)

lovethiscandle
02-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Plus the party would be considered a "business Expense"smileys/smiley4.gif

Lori Moreno
02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Okay then!smileys/smiley2.gif

That did it for me!

Everyone bring their favorite Mia Bella Candles, light them up and

LET'S have a Scent-SationalPARTY!!

Silverback
02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm glad somebody finally mentioned that the
restaurant owner might be interested in becoming a
distributor and promoting his own candle business.

Another thing to consider is that we are attempting to
build brand recognition. I like to think about building
my businesses for the l-o-n-g term. We want people
to be familiar with our brand so that when we
approach them with the opportunity they say, "Mia
Bella Candles, I've heard of those" or, "It seems like I
see those everywhere".

I don't go buy a Coke every time I see the
commercial but it keeps the name and the concept
in front of me. We want people to seek our brand and
the more they see it the better for ALL of us.
Wouldn't you agree? smileys/smiley20.gif

michiganmom
02-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey Lori!!

A party in Chicago sounds fun to me, I've never been, and being able to claim it as a business trip, how awesome would that be?!!

I'm only about maybe an hour if that from Bloomfield Hills and Farmington Hills. I'm not real sure where Franklin is, so I don't know about that one.

Silverback- I have to agree with what you said. Getting the Mia Bella name out there is never a bad thing!

Lori Moreno
02-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Gail!smileys/smiley17.gif

You are my kind of "gal," READY TO PARTY! That's what's really fun about Mia Bella business. Everyday really is a great party!

I hope everyone heard the trainingcall last night with Paul about these Mia Bella placemats!

WOW!!!!smileys/smiley32.gif

michiganmom
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I heard the call, it was great I thought!! I think I'm gonna give the placemats a try. I wish that we could purchase just a few to start off with though. That way we could have an example to take in to the restaurant owners to show them, and then once you get a restaurant that is for sure interested in doing it, you could then place the order for more based on how many the owner says he goes through in a normal week, month, whatever time frame you're starting off with.

I'm glad Scent-sations is continually coming up with more products and training to help us all so much. We are with a fantastic company!!

Scent-Sations &amp; Mia Bella rock!!smileys/smiley32.gif

Gail Ryon

Kelly V
02-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Maybe some others could goin together and split the cost of the placemats.

I know if I were going to get them to try, 2,500 would be way to many to see how it goes.

Just my thoughts!

Kelly V.

lovethiscandle
02-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Kelly, it would be a good idea except that they are personalized so it wouldn't work. It would be nice if we could order 1 or 2 blank ones to use as a sales tool.

I suppose we could print off a copy of the photo of one to use as yoursales tool.

Kelly V
02-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh! Sorry didn't read that! smileys/smiley9.gif

To bad you couldn't get them blank and put something on them yourselves.

Kelly V.

earthlydream
02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna try this idea also! It seems like any way the name gets out there is a great idea!!!!

Lori Moreno
02-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm sure you can order them without being personalized, but then you would have to personalize themsmileys/smiley5.gif

They're $100.00 per 2,500.

I can't wait for mine to arrive! Talk about trying something new.

I love this company!!smileys/smiley32.gif

Lori Morenosmileys/smiley17.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1