WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Teaching Textbooks

tashad
01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I just heard about this site a week ago from my best friend. She is a school teacher and she homeschools her cousin who is in the 12th grade. She told me about this website called teaching textbooks. They teach math from grades 4th all the way to pre-calculus.

Your child watches a lesson, then does the problems and then you can watch the problems you have missed. Your child is given step by step instruction on how to do the problems. Im going to try this next school year with my daughter who will be in the 4th grade.

The website is:

http://www.teachingtextbooks.com/

maureenkellis
01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I haven't tried them, but am looking into them for next year for my oldest boys (4th & 5th). Judging by the size of the text, it looks like it might be pretty rigorous!

Maureen :-)

zg04
01-12-2009, 10:23 PM
You should also look into Math U See. They seem a bit alike, but Math-U-See is very manipulative based, and quite frankly, has taught me a lot also! They go from Primer (Kinder) to Pre-Calc, plus there is one extra after that about finances and credit and real life things.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1