WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Coloring hair while pregnant?

rosie1
12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Okay, I know this is quite trivial, but I wanted some opinions. I just found out I'm pregnant, I think I'm about 2 months along, maybe less and very, very excited!! I desperately need to color my hair, but I have heard that it could pose health problems for the baby. IF that's
case I obviously won't do it, but does anyone know? Is it just certain kinds of dyes? TIAEdited by: rosie1

bdeluna
12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I know in the 2nd trimester it won't hurt but I'm not sure about the first. I had my hair highlighted once a month (it was extremely short) when I was pregnant with my son but didn't do that until I was 5 months along.

Ask your doctor. They can tell you yes or no.

Congrats!

douceur
12-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Congratulations. Hope things are coming along fine.

I do believe "they" say it's better to wait until your 2nd trimester because of all the things that's going on in the first. I relax my hair but while I'm pregnant, I find some other ways to do my hair without harsh chemicals

As bdeluna said, ask your doctor just to make sure.

MomOnABudget
12-23-2008, 02:50 PM
You can color your hair! This is from a cosmetologist http://wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif
The second trimester part of it comes if you're getting a perm. Sometimes perms tend to not take during pregnancy. But either way - neither of them will harm you or the baby. Congratulations!!

rosie1
12-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, I asked the doctor and she said she prefers I wait until after the 1st trimester, so that's what I'm going to do.Thanks all!

Amy Jacobs
01-10-2009, 08:43 AM
With all 3 of my pregnancies I colored my hair and there were no problems I agree on waiting to the second trimester.