WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : HGP is trying to purchase HI??

jrichardson
12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I just got an email that HGP is trying to bid on purchasing HI? Anyone got any thoughts on that??

I have been with HGP for 8 years, tried my hand at HI for a little while, didn't work, went back to actively selling HGP. I was intending on leaving at the end of this year to pursue other avenues as I thought HGP wasn't a good fit for ME anymore. I still have and maintain friendships with ladies that sell HI, and wish them the best.

But honestly if they wanted to be with HGP, they would of joined them rather than HI and vice versa.

I have good experiences with both companies so don't think I am bashing either one, but this kind of floored me.

Anyone??
Jeanie

Audrey
12-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Often when one company tries to buy another it's because the company doing the buying knows that the other company is "hurting"
I don't know anything about HI to know if this might be the case.

jrichardson
12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
HI filed Chapter 11 awhile back, and the current President was trying to purchase the company herself. Now the other bidders have come in and HGP is one of them.

The bidding starts on the 18th of this month. I dont know how it will play out, but I feel for the HI girls not knowing what is going to happen. I think they were all confident that Robin (the new pres) would be successful in her attempts, but she may not.

Heather who is now HGP's president was for a short time HI's Presidents, so I wonder if this is one of the reasons.

Audrey
12-13-2008, 02:03 PM
See I had no idea. I'm off in my own little plastic world and just had no clue.

I'll send good thoughts that it all works out for the best :)

christyvw2004
12-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I am not familiar with HGP but always have had good luck with HI-great products at a great price. Hopefully it all works out. Edited by: christyvw2004

jrichardson
12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I am hopefull it all works out as well also.

This must really be a trying time for the HI girls and my thoughts are with them, and I really think highly of the ones that have stayed and road the emotional roller coaster they have been on lately.

The HGP girls have a conference call tonight at 5, so I am going to listen in and see what is said. Right now (according to an email we got), HGP is the lead bidder, and I believe that the 18th is the last day to submit bids.

DFWcandlemom
01-01-2009, 09:40 PM
I used to sell HGP and their quality, in my opinion, has always been a whole lot better than HI. The pictures/frames that HI sells are very flimsy, again, only my opinion so no bashing please.

HGP has some awesome stuff and I still purchase their items.

Ravish30
03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I just read up in the party plan folder that they did purchase H.I.

I am glad about that because I loved the H.I. Products and own many of them. Can't wait to see the new catalog the girls posted about.

RachelP
03-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes.. HGP DID purchase Home Interiors. What an AWESOME thing for both companies. The new catalog is gorgeous, thecompensation plan is very generous... I am filling my datebook. My excitement is energizing my hostesses as well!

HGPLynnE
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Rachel

You forgot to announce the new name

CELEBRATING HOME - Bringing Families Together

RachelP
03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
How could I forget THAT!!! man ... LOL.. I am just so excited about all the other stuff, Lynn!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1