WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking about jumping in. . .

*pixie*
09-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi, I'm new here! I currently work part-time at an elementary school, and we're in the process of building a new home. I've never done any type of direct sales before, but my interest in this has recently become peaked! It seems as though several of my acquaintances sell some sort of product, just part-time. I guess that is what I'm interested in doing. I can't believe the amount of money spent at the school alone when people bring in their catalogs, plus I wouldn't mind some help furnishing our new home!

The two companies I'm really interested in are Taste of Home Entertaining and Home and Garden. I would love to hear any and all pros and cons for these two companies.

Thanks so much!

Watkins4LifeCC
09-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi there! I am not with either of these companies. I am with Watkins. Just wanted to wish you luck with your new business venture!smileys/smiley1.gif

jerid.
09-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Top Ten Reasons to become a <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><O:P></O:P>
Taste of Home Entertaining Consultant
<O:P></O:P>
#10 No inventory<O:P></O:P>
#9 Immediately get paid 25% profit on every sale<O:P></O:P>
#8 Work when you want--there’s absolutely <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">no monthly sales quota[/B]<O:P></O:P>
#7 Business credit of 5% on all sales--use for free catalogs fliers, order forms <O:P></O:P>
#6 We’ll buy you a tank of gas each month!<O:P></O:P>
#5 40% off all TOHE products for consultants<O:P></O:P>
#4 Extensive training on-line, by phone, at meetings

<O:P>#3 Earn a Lexus, a Toyota, or any Hybrid (plus two trips a year!)</O:P><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]<O:P></O:P>
#2 The Starter Kit is ONLY $199 and has a value of over $650<O:P></O:P>
And the #1 reason to become a consultant…

<O:P>The opportunity to make your dreams come true!</O:P>
<O:P>This little formdescribes in a nutshell what I love about TOHE, but there's much more!The sophisticated products, the friends, the age of our company (just over two years) make us a unique opportunity. Please check us out! I'd love to answer any questions you have.</O:P>
<O:P></O:P></O:P><O:P>Edited by: jerid.

HGPLynnE
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Pixie

I can send you some information about HGP. In October I have a reward certificate that would allow you to start for as little as $74 (or $111). The product value is either $250 or $350.

You will earn 30% commission on your first $1500 in sales paid the night of your show and then 40% thereafter as long as you renew your contract for $25 a year. The 10% ispaid on the 15th of the following month. Great online training and support, trip contest, free shipping for hostesses.

Let me know!

cjsmama
10-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Blessings in your search! ~ Lisa

Soy_Candles
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Good luck in your search!!

SLAHStyle
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I have never seen HGP products but I can tell you that Taste of Home Entertaining products and catalogs are top notch! They have a great support system in place as well with tons of incentives for consultants, hosts and guests. good luck!

*pixie*
10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies! I've decided to go with TOHE. They seem to have a really great program that will go well with my committment level right now.I think what ultimately decided it though was when looking through the online catalog, I was excited about the products and wanted to purchase a good share of them for myself.

I'm a little nervous, but really excited too!

crownjewels
10-06-2008, 12:53 PM
You will love the products, have fun "shopping"! Good luck with your business too! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

SLAHStyle
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Congratutlations Pixie! You will like being in TOHE and you will love the products and incentives!

RHickman
10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Congratulations Pixie . . . you're going to LOVE Taste of Home Entertaining! BTW, I'm a teacher by trade and the majority of women who come to my parties are teachers and paraprofessionals! You've already got a HUGE client base from which to draw.

When I signed up, someone (can't remember who) told me that the majority of women in direct sales today come from either nursing or education. Interesting, huh?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1