WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Silpada on Ebay???

Milette
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
How can such a great company, with high quality and unique sterling silver let this happen??? This was a drawback for me to become a rep.
Sad...http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

pattynp
09-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Milette,

Any quality jewelry companies will have their jewelry sold on Ebay. It is prohibited for reps to sell on ebay but others can. (There is no way to stop this) Ultimately, if someone wants the lifetime warranty they will HAVE to go thru a rep. The jewelry on Ebay is "as is". I wouldn't let this discourage you! Women love to go to parties and try on jewelry, and they will buy from you because you are the one helping them look great! Edited by: pattynp

Kelly V
09-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Have you looked at ALL the other companies who's products are on ebay?
Do a search of Pampered Chef on ebay and see what you come up with.
Anyone can sell what they want on there. Yes a consultant is not allowed to, but someone who is no longer in the business or just someone who is maybe downsizing and needing to sell off a few things can do what they want, it belongs to them and can do what they want with it.
Ebay is a business and so is Silpada, Pampered Chef or anything else out there.
If you are passionate about what you sell, it will shine through and customers will see that. Some won't care where they purchase something from, or if a warranty comes with it. Then you just say to yourself "Some will, some won't so what!NEXT!"
I don't think ebay should stop anyone from signing up to become a rep with any company. It is competition just like any other company would be.

Just my 2 cents!
Kelly http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gifEdited by: Kelly V

pattynp
09-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Kelly,

You are so right! And the other point is...if it was jewelry form Target or KMart, even if someone wanted to sell it on Ebay, no one would want it! It is all supply and demand. Ultimately, well known brands (like Silpada) or .925 sterling jewelry (like Aurastella) has value and that is what people are looking for!

Milette
09-30-2008, 06:33 PM
I agree with both of you...I have many computer "saavy" friends and I was just thinking what would I say to a friend if they come to me and say "I can get what you sell on EBAY for a lot less...????? I would feel kind of bad or even embarrased...I am not saying that you can't sell on EBAY if its yours of course you an do whatever you want with it...some people don't care about the warranty...and since both Silpada & Aurastella offer .925 sterling silver...many won't worry because they know they are getting a high quality piece...

Kelly V
10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
You right Milette, some people don't care if they purchase it off from Ebay.
If they want to I usually say you can but be aware of the price (many times it is more then it sells for retail once you add the shipping) and you will not have a warranty with the item. I will not be able to return it for you if anything happens.
I also sell for the Pampered Chef, and many people say they can get the cookware at JCPenney's or Kohl's. There isn't much I can say thenthat's a great deal, but will Penney's or Kohl's take it back if it starts to flake (the teflon) or it warps out of shape??No they usually won't, not 3 years after you bought it. PChef offers a life time guarantee on their cookware.
So they can get it where they want, but if something breaks after they have spent quite a bit of money on it and can't get it replaced, they will rethink where they are purchasing there product from.

Again just my 2 cents-
Kelly http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

shoppingmamma
10-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Milette~

(SD girls hope it's OK I am posting here!!) I just wanted to chime in that if you are considering Silpada you should go for it!!! Don't let the ebay thing stop you! Silpada is beautiful and sounds like a great company - the ebay thing basically works like this - you can ban YOUR REPS from selling but can't do anything about customers, hostesses, past reps, etc. With EVERY company you'll see that - and if you search a newer company and nothing comes up - just wait - it will!!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif Years ago I sold Pampered Chef - OMG there is TONS of that on there!!!! Didn't hurt my business though....you get what you pay for - the majority of companies will NOT honor guarantees unless you buy through a rep!!! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif Best Wishes to ya!!!

pattynp
10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Jill,

You are always welcome to post here!

925jewelryCA
03-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I agree, don't let Ebay stop you from having a business you love! Surely some of the jewelry you see there are retired items that are no longer available too and no guarantee. Ebay people will shop there no matter, but there are still plenty of customers out there who will buy from you!

bbrown1226
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
From a customers point of view, I have tried bidding on pieces in the past, and I always get outbid!! Many times, for more than the retail value! There is alot of bids on Ebay silpada pieces. I wouldn't worry about it. Just focus on making the parties FUN! I would pay $5-$10 more for a fun night out and actually getting to try and see the jewelry in person! There will always be Ebay shoppers. So what!!! :)

silverlover2
03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
There are a lot of scams as well - I have heard from lots of winners of Silpada jewelry and when they receive it - is is broken/damaged, worn, etc. Watch out!