WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Sleep Deprived!!

laprincess31
09-22-2008, 03:37 AM
I don't remember it being this hard to sleep with my other 2 pregnancies. But I am having a hell of a time sleeping all night long. I wake up to pee and then I cannot go back to sleep.

Not to mention, I sleep best on my stomach and I just can't do that right now. I have to sleep on my side, get up to pee and then lay on my other side. But before i can go back to sleep, that side is sore and I have to change sides again... Which is not so easy these days.

I told DH this morning that once this baby gets out, I am gonna sleep soooooo good. Well, until they bring the baby to me in my hospital room that is. lol

But seriously, I have bags and dark circles under my eyes. Even though I try to nap twice a day, I am still not getting enough sleep.

Just wanted to whine..... lol

LassodMoon
09-22-2008, 06:51 AM
I've haven't slept more than 2 hour stretches probably since about where you are weeks-wise. I wake up to turn over because my hips ache so badlyand every muscle from belly button to knees just screams at me (yay relaxin!) and hurts. I can't wait until baby gets here either- I'm looking forward to 3-4 hours before having to wake up, LOL. Sometimes I'm so stiff and sorein the AM that I can barely walk. This is my third too, and like you, I don't remember all these aches and pains!

So I feel ya! And can completely empathize.

39 weeks, and 4 days....

lilmisssunshine
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Aw, I listen to the hypnobirth cds and I think that helps the sleeping. I know they're expensive, but maybe you can get some other relaxation CDs.

Last night, I slept, but the dream I had was just so bizarre that when I woke up, I felt like I didn't sleep at all. It involved all of the people throughout my life--childhood, high school, college, after. All melded into one. Very weird.

Love,
Shannon

mchoat
09-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I toss and turn all night because my hips start hurting. I've learned to deal with it! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifIt happens so much that it's hardly worth mentioning anymore!

laprincess31
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Last night I woke up hurting so bad it was all I could do to walk to the bathroom... I really thought my legs were gonna give out on me. And OMG the pressure...

I have read that I am supposed to "officially drop" next week when I am 34 weeks. I think if she drops anymore, she is gonna drop right out!!

kalmond
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifThis baby has made a permanent spot on my right side and is pinching my siatic(sp?) nerve. I can't sleep and when I walk all of the sudden my right leg will go to sleep and I have to grab the first stable thing I see to prevent from falling! When and if I can get a few hours of sleep i wake up to pee and it take me at least 10 minutes to get up and wobble my way to the bathroom!

I'm done I tell you, I am done!!

cybermommy
10-01-2008, 02:47 AM
I am having trouble sleeping at night,what with needing the bathroom every hour,freaky dreams that scare the living daylights out of me,(wake up thinking,please dont be real )and headaches.

Can't wait for the later stages smileys/smiley36.gif

laprincess31
10-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I am having trouble sleeping at night,what with needing the bathroom every hour,freaky dreams that scare the living daylights out of me,(wake up thinking,please dont be real )and headaches.

Can't wait for the later stages smileys/smiley36.gif

For me the peeing has just gotten worse in the later stages, and the dreams are still freaky. lol

I actually slept a full 4 hours the other night without waking up once. I was soooo happy. Been a long time since I have slept thatlong without waking up.

manleymom
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I used a maternity pillow & I loved it. In fact I still sleep w/ it because it was so comfortable. My hubby doesn't like it because he can't get close to me now, lol