WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Water Retention-UGH!!!

cybermommy
09-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I am almost 9 weeks.
I look 5 months-no kidding! smileys/smiley5.gif
I can hardly bear to eat,all food makes me gag right now but I must look like I am eating for 3!
I remember with my first DS I didn't show until 5 months gone.
DS number 2 I was in maternity clothes at 12 weeks and I was huge near the end,I wasn't overeating.
DR told me I held lots of fluidsmileys/smiley9.gif
I am already in maternity clothes now and feel so puffy!
I am hoping I don't balloon,I couldn't stand it at the end last time.
I am only small too.
Is there anything besides drinking lots of water to help with excess fluid?
I am eating green veggies,drinking water,anything to help.
I look like a pumpkin with a couple of legs stuck on smileys/smiley9.gif

kalmond
09-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Awe, I am so sorry! I am more swollen than anything. I have only gained 10lbs. with this baby and I look like a I have gained 50! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

The things we go through for our babies!

cybermommy
09-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Awe, I am so sorry! I am more swollen than anything. I have only gained 10lbs. with this baby and I look like a I have gained 50! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

The things we go through for our babies!

So true smileys/smiley36.gif
My DR told me some women just hold more fluid than others and because I amonly 5"3 its more noticeable smileys/smiley36.gif
Its worth it though!

laprincess31
09-22-2008, 03:27 AM
I can't believe I am not swollen. Ducking for cover! hehe

But, I was in maternity clothes and swollen atabout 9 weeks too!! I have gained 44 pounds so far. ugh and I have some maternity clothes that I can't fit into anymore. lol

cybermommy
09-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't believe I am not swollen. Ducking for cover! hehe

But, I was in maternity clothes and swollen at about 9 weeks too!! I have gained 44 pounds so far. ugh and I have some maternity clothes that I can't fit into anymore. lol

smileys/smiley36.gif Every woman it seems except me in the antenatal clinic doesn't bloat up,just me!
I was in shock having to buy maternity clothes so early this time,but needs must!
Guess our bodies just go into auto pilot and know what to do and get ready smileys/smiley1.gif

mchoat
09-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I have some maternity clothes that I can't fit into anymore. lol

None of mine fit anymore! Apparently skinny Marleeka only lasted until mid July!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Oh and if you want swollen, I can take a picture of my cankles and send them to you! That's swollen!

laprincess31
09-23-2008, 08:09 AM
haha I spoke to soon... me and DD went to play Bingo last night and my ankle swole up like a balloon. lol