WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Need some help

Gemini82
09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone,

Right now I work part time at a bank. Dh and I will start our adoption next year and will hopefully have our daughter home from Ethiopia no later than christams. I plan to stay at home with her and I've been looking at a few DS companies (i.e. Pampered Chef, Slumber Parties, Surprise Parties, Discovery Toys) anyhow, has anyone does any of these?

Also, how long does it take to get orders when you're overseas? So far, my dh hasn't received his new orders yet and I'm getting mad b/c it time is dwindling on how long I have to try and sell or rent our house and pack up our stuff ( I refuse to let the army touch anything in my house).

beachchef
09-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Tyakeia - first of all Bless You for adopting a little baby! You have to keep us posted on that and I will keep you in my prayers!

My hubby is former Navy and we are in the states now permanantly but have lived all over. I do Pampered Chef and when we were stationed overseas I wish I had given it a try. I can speak for the girls in my cluster that do it - they love it and it is working out well for them. With PC, they ship to APO addresses - it is nice having a business that moves with you and will go with you wherever you go!

LOL - I have to laugh - at first when you said "how long does it take to get orders", I thoughtyou meant orders like PC, Tupperware etc...I was gonna say maybe 10 days - but you mean assignments! I wish I could help you on that! Sounds like you are stateside now? I remember going crazy waiting for our orders. You just want you life in order so you can prepare for thatbaby I'm sure!

Anyway, if you are anyone wants info on PChef, I'll be glad to send you some - I have flyers answeringanything and everything you need to know! Just shoot me a PM with your email, thats the easiest way!

Ouriel
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM
We're army and you have to keep calling branch to get them to cut the orders I guess. They take it real slow sometime!

Not sure how long you're married to the army ;) but they do pack pretty well ... if anything breaks you can ask for reimbursement. Edited by: Ouriel

Successismine
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Blessings on your adoption.

Avon.

Hang in there.

Gemini82
09-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you all for the post. Dh did get orders, but not someplace either of us want to go, so he's extended another six months, which puts our adoption on hold. UGH!!!

Cindy~I'm gonna PM you for that info.