WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

bianca5454
08-17-2008, 05:29 PM
The importance of using your own products ~ Watkinizing your home:

This story will serve dual purpose; Why it is important to use your own products (Watkinizing) and the difference between selling and sharing.

Watkinizing your home serves many purposes; believing in the products and your business, saving you money and the message it delivers to others.

It all started with my daughters friend spending the night. The girls ventured outdoors where they got a little torn up in the brush. The girls came into the house and showed me their cuts. I told them to wash up and we'd put some petro carbo on it!

Then it was time for some dinner. Mac & cheese is perfect for two tweens. Mmmmm, this is really good, what is it. My daughter pipes up saying it's Watkins cheese mix. Her friend said what is Watkins? My daughter gave her an explanation leading into showing her some of our favorites! She was enjoying the lotions and sniffing the other different products.

Later that evening it was time for popcorn. My 11 year olds creation: garlic popcorn. Of course, here come out the Watkins garlic powder and the Watkins cooking spray. Her friend fell in love with this simple recipe and started to ask more questions. She also asked me for a catalog to bring home to her mom.

Since, this same friend has been over a few more times, and all she wants to do is have garlic popcorn and try other Watkins products!

Today, my daughters friend called and said she wanted to stop by because her mom wanted to see some of the other products. I showed her what I had.......we had a sniff, taste and feel session! LOL! She was telling me how her daughter has raved about the products and loves the smell of them. The young girl even went as far as opening my spice cabinet (my home is your home) to show her mom all the different spices. I couldn't help but chuckle! She also told me that her daughter has allergies and she has been trying to find good cleaning products that don't agitate her allergies. Well, being that she loves the scents (no allergy triggers), her mom was interested in those as well.

Hence, another great customer!

This is just to say how simple it really is to retail the products. The word "selling" intimidates at times, but really all we are doing is sharing the products. By freely using the products in your own home, it becomes very natural to share them. Lastly, all it takes is word of mouth. From one persons experience, even an 11 year old, you can prosper in your business!

Lastly, as the mom was leaving our home, she commented as to how I have Watkins everywhere!

msterra29
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Bianca,

Great post! I totally agree- selling (or sharing) a product is much easier when you believe in the product 100%. If a person is selling a product and they have no products in the house or even tried the product how in the world can they be passionate about what they are selling? Cannot happen. No matter what business I have ever been with I always tried the products first to see if I loved them or not. The more you use the more excited you become and want to share with others:)

bianca5454
08-17-2008, 07:05 PM
And this was just our day to day living that inspired this little girl. She fell in love with the products so much that she told her mom about them!

watkinsindel
08-18-2008, 04:46 AM
Bianca,

Great story. I always say that if a customer was to walk inmy home they better not see another brand sitting there thatI can buy frommy own store Watkins not the grocery store LOL.

Kids are great with sharing the products, we can learn alot from them.

Michelle

SpicesPlusMore
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Great Post Bianca.

The Watkins Man
08-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Also http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

When any Associate in your team (that you have personally sponsored) purchases the WYH assortment, you’ll automatically qualify for WYH Bonus Payouts paid at the end of each month. In addition, if you are a Manager, you may qualify for extra bonuses of $25—$75 when Associates in your downline team purchase the WYH assortment.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1