WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : new info on deliveries*UPDATE*

kalmond
07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Has anyone had there doctor tell you that the new report has come out stating that if you have had a c-section no matter how long ago that you HAVE to have it again? The risk for your uterus to rupture is greater AFTER a c-section if you have more children.

I had a c-section in 98 and then 14 months later was induced and had a vaginal delivery in 99. Had another induced vaginal delivery in 01 and in 05. But now that this report has come out there is a possiblilty that they will MAKE me have a c-section!!! I hate c-sections and why in the hell do I have to have another one when I have had 3, I tell you 3 successful vaginal deliveries!!! Last one slid out for pete sake!!!

Has anyone heard that information????

I am so very pissed off!!!!Edited by: kalmond

FV Mom
07-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I have not heard of this though I do know many doctors and hospitals have polcies against VBACS. I think your doc is lying to cover his **** though and would seek the assistance of a midwife or another doc!

kalmond
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Well see, i have to see two different doctors. One is my OB that is new to me and the other is my high risk OB that I have known for 6 years. SHE (the high risk) is the one that told me this and I went through the roof!! I have to see my regular OB next thurs. and I pray that they feel differently!

laprincess31
07-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I have notheard this. But then again, I didn't have a c-section with my 2.

Don't stress about it!! Maybe they will let you choose. It's not like your last baby was born c-section...

I always just thought that once you had a c-section, that was how you had to deliver all of your babies....

kalmond
07-07-2008, 11:00 AM
See the only reason my first was c-section was because she was breech and every child that I have had since then has not been and believe me if i had to have my 2nd child by c-section I would have only had 2 children! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

3lilangels
07-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I have not heard that. My first daughter was a c-section in 2001, and my second daugher which I had in 2006 I was induced tried for a vaginal delivery but unfortunately had to have another c section. Now the doctor said after two c sections I have no choice and I am scheduled to have a c section July 29th.But I have not heard that once you have one c section you must have another, unless the incision they make is a vertical one that does put you at a higher risk for a rupture.

Angela

kalmond
07-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I will post what my midwife says on Thursday. My incision was the bikini cut so I really don't know.

kalmond
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Spoke with my midwife today and she said that alot of docs. dont allow VBAC's anymore but that the docs I seen do allow it and with my history I will be able to deliver vaginally and I will have to be induced cause of my Blood Pressure history! WOOOO HOOOO! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

*Update*Edited by: kalmond

3lilangels
07-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Thats great news Kelly.

Jewel
07-17-2008, 08:37 AM
I had a c-section due to breech presentation in 1997, pitocin assisted vbac in '99 (I'm convinced the pit was needed b/c of the epidural!), and 3 completely natural vbac deliveries in '01, '06, and '07. Good to know your doc will do it!