WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Wii Fit!

caitalexmommy
05-17-2008, 03:12 PM
My family is huge in gaming.... I've never really gotten into it, but this one I'm excited about it... an entire fitness plan on the Nintendo Wii... it looks like a great way to get up, have fun, and shed a few more pounds. I'm all about finding fun ways to lose weight. Just wanted to share...
Here's a link to the ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtTWMKefqYY

mommytotwo
05-18-2008, 04:24 PM
My DH ordered this for me for Mother's Day. It comes on Wednesday. I am excited to try it out, but having read everything about it, I know it won't give me the intensity of a workouts I am used to and want, but it will be fun for "light" days and extra workouts! I can't wait to try it....

caitalexmommy
05-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm excited for the kids also... they love video games and it will be a good way to sneak some exercise in on them. lol.

aleker
05-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Its brilliant how Wii made cardio fun. Although I don't think I would
spend that much money on a Wii just to play the fitness games.

southernbg
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree Aleker! I love the original Wii. I really can not wait to try out Wii Fit. I LOVE that they have yoga on it. I am so into it right now.

In gratitude,

Natalie

roxyranelli
06-02-2008, 06:48 AM
My sister just got it...I love the yoga!!!

beechrose
06-02-2008, 09:21 AM
I want to get this for my kid!!! He has large motor skill delays and I'm hoping it'll help with his balance and coordination issues. It's not that expensive, either - I saw it going for $70 at BestBuy.

jenking
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
OMG I love WiiFit! It's so much fun and so motivating! I am on it everyday and my balance is improving dramatically. I love the Yoga especially. I highly recommend this for anyone! smileys/smiley32.gif

southernbg
06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
I am so excited about this system. Thank you all so much for your reviews! I know I will love it.

In gratitude,

Natalie

simplesahm
06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Okay - I'm convinced....

I can totally see this as something that would be fun and motivating.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the system inexpensively? I need *everything*. (We don't have any sort of gaming system here at all).

What are the basics?

Would love any advice. DH isn't crazy about spending the money (I just got a gym membership) so it will take some convincing...(which usually involves saving money). =)

jenking
06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Well I am in Canada and we got our Wii system for about $235 and the Wii Fit game was about $80.

The system came with one controller and one nunchuck and Wii Sports which has bowling, tennis and more (so much fun!).

It is by far the least expensive game system out there and way more fun as far as I'm concerned! smileys/smiley4.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1