WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 24 Hour Fitness

abbysmom
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh my gosh. Does anyone have a membership there? They have to be the worst people with the worst Customer Service on the planet. I was REFUSED membership simply because I wanted to "try" it for 30 days (for a little over $100 bucks) and the shmuck then told me to go try the gym down the street! I would have paid for a full membership if I liked the gym later on down the road.

Sorry I'm venting but he f*(ked with the wrong woman!!!smileys/smiley7.gif Seriously I think their Customer Service is as bad as Fry's Electronics!! That's bad! Not sure whether I should complain to the Gym Manager since I think they're used to complaints. Does anyone know who I should complain to? I mean that was pretty harsh having myself AND my money turned away!

Edited by: abbysmom

walkbyfaith
05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Which 24 are you referring to? I belong to 24 but I havent been ina good while. I was thinking about Jazzercise but im SO not coordinated! LOL Yeah, I had a problem when trying to get some personal training sessions back after they had JUST expired. I tried to explain to the manager that I was told when I signed up that I had 6 months to use them but I was told wrong and only had 3! They wouldnt help me, acted as if they cared less! Although, they did try to sell me more! I was like WHAT? I spent almost $300 and had only used 1. Ok thats my venting for the day :-)

cgraham30
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry about your experience with 24. The one in my area closed down a few months ago, without warning the clients.Some showed up for an early morning workout and the doors were chain locked.

Do you have a RUSH fitness in your area.? That's the one I belong to, and they have excellent c/s, as well as being open 24hours

angienewton
05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't know anything about 24 Hour Fitness but I can say that most fitness centers/gyms only give a week to try it out. That should be enough time to test the waters. Hope you find a gym that works for you.

simplesahm
05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I was a member at 24 here locally for a few years. I am sure the problem you are having has a lot to do with your local management. The one here was wonderful and the people were very kind.

My biggest problem with 24 was the childcare rates. I paid $6.00 for two kids for two hours and now I pay $3.00 for two kids at Fitness 24. I also like the smaller size of my new gym.

Sorry that happened to you. I haven't heard of a gym that offers 30 free days however, they should have treated you better regardless.

Traci

walkbyfaith
05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
You have to pay for the kids club at 24? Thats always been part of the 24's out here. As long as you dont go over 2 hours per day its free! I havent used it though, I dont trust many with my kids. Especially with a bunch of kids running around and only 1 or 2 workers.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1