WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hi Ladies

deadra
04-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm just checking in. Looks like hubby will be walking with me now!!! He's got some lung problems and acid reflux trouble. And, the dr said he needed to lose 40 - wants him to walk 1 hr EVERY day.....and he stressed EVERY day - or take 10,000 steps!

Do any of you have trouble getting your man to exercise.

To be honest, just looking at my husband, you wouldn't think he needed to lose 40. He is medim build and about 5'11.

Of course, the weight loss will help with is Acid Reflux issue.

He will be seeing a Pulmonologist for the lung problem. He is NOT a smoker or drinker. He has colapsed air pockets in his left lung - could be beginnings of some type Lung Disease.....or could be the Acid Reflux is aspirating into the lung and causing the damage. We'll find out in the next week or two.

He is pretty good at obeying the dr's orders - but just in case....Wish me luck with him!!!

Craftgrrl
04-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Deadra,
I hope your hubby will be walking with you and not dragging his feet!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif Health is a good motivator, that's for sure! Good luck to the both of you!!
Keep us posted!

Donna

deadra
04-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you!!

We did walk last night....walked one mile. Rodger did really well the first 1/2 mile but I could tell he was a little winded the second half. That worries me. He's always been in such good health and good shape. He's one of these people that neversits down - always moving, working - very fast paced - never sick.

I did really well ! I was just amazed at myself. I really think I'll give myself another few days then I'm going to start working in some running. I'd like to run a 5 k this fall !!

angienewton
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Deadra,
My hubby would've never thought about exercising and it took me a while to get him to agree to join a gym but he quit smoking and gained weight and was feeling very uncomfortable. Once we joined the gym, after about two weeks he couldn't get enough and we have been going on a consistent basis. He even goes some mornings by himself. He's never been heavy, he's tall and thin but that extra weight was dragging him down.

Anyway, I bet this will help Rodger with his issues. Wishing you both many great long walks togethersmileys/smiley2.gif

deadra
04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Thank you Angie!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1