WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Anyone?

RockClimbingMom
04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Anyone here in Colorado Springs? We've been here for just under 4 years and are headed out this summer to Dayton, OH. Looking for folks moving out, moving in and just plain living here in the mountains and FREEZING cold weather! :)

Patty Gale
07-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I know this post is a bit older, but I am moving to Colorado Springs very soon! Coming from Milwaukee, WI, the Springs will be a welcome change.

We are moving by choice, and I lived in Cincinnati for 18 years, just south of Dayton. Be ready for humid summers and icy winters.

RockClimbingMom
07-20-2008, 02:54 PM
You will love the dry air for sure! The altitude will be an issue for a few months but after that I'm sure you'll love the area. It's cooler near the mountains if you decide to by a house west of town. We have cold winters but only for a few days at a time. It usually warms up after a big snow and everything melts before the next one. It does get windy but right now it's in the upper 80s and low 90's with little wind. Every once in awhile we get into the 100's but not for long. We don't use an A/C because we are on the NW part of town (just south of the Air Force Academy) and the summer time afternoon thunder showers bring wonderful clouds to cool us off. Houses East of town won't get as much clouds but they do get some impressive storms...hail and tornado warnings every once in while. We are headed out in two weeks to Dayton. It will hopefully be the worst part (hottest) part so it will only get better in the months to come. It will be an adventure but were ready. We will miss Colorado for sure. Thanks for the note!

blessedmomof3
07-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm not in the military but came across this post so I hope it's ok to comment:) I live about a hour from Dayton and it has been very hot and humid here. My kids are in Colorado Springs for the summer with their dad.

RockClimbingMom
07-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Looks like you got the hot end of the deal! Hopefully you are enjoying your kid-free time and getting a lot done. We are getting tons done but it's not fun. I forgot that moving is so crazy...especially with kids involved. Thanks for the note.

Patty Gale
07-22-2008, 04:57 AM
I hope all goes well with your move to Dayton! We've been looking at houses online in the area just south of the AF Academy, too.

Patty

RockClimbingMom
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks. Let me know if you have any questions about the area. -Janelle

Colorado WAHD
07-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Denver Colorado here!!! Sorry you are leaving. I was stationed down at Carson for a bit.

Patty Gale
07-23-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks. Let me know if you have any questions about the area

Thanks, Janelle, I appreciate it!

We've been out there quite a bit this last year, and in February, we were out for a week and drove around quite a few neighborhoods. My husband got his formal job offer last week and they are thinking about him starting sometime in Sept., but our house here still hasn't sold, so I'm not sure how we're going to do this logistically, yet.

My business is entirely internet based, so all I need is my laptop and an internet connection.

I know we definitely do not want to buy way out east on the other side of Powers Blvd. and that area.

We definitely want to stay closer to Pikes Peak and those surrounding areas in a neighborhood with lots of kids and lots of character, we have a 7 year old.

Edited by: Patty Gale