WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : TLC Consultants

ZachMadsMom
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
I just heard about what happened. I am very sorry that the company choose to do this. I can only imagine how devastated you must be. Will you still continue and pursue another business?

missyroth
04-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Did they shut down their rep program?

momstayshome
04-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes they did. They dissolved all consultants. Now its a membership.

(not a consultant, but knowa few)

Mary

RebeccaJ
04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Seems like a crummy way to do business. I wonder what their reasons were smileys/smiley7.gif

ZachMadsMom
04-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Yes, they sent an email out on Friday afternoon saying that effective immediately, all consultantships were dissolved. They are now a buyers club of sorts. No warning, nothing.

missyroth
04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Well, I'm very sad for them. I remember how excited the ladies were when this was a new venture.

I wish all of you well!!!!

robbieandlauren
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh, my! I had no idea! I used to be with TLC but not any more. I wonder why this choice was made, it seemed like the company was doing good.

ZachMadsMom
04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
They felt that most of their consultants were hobbiest and that this would make them happy. Still sucks.

momstayshome
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Well if they didn't like that most consultants were hobbiest -They never should of had a "hobbiest" kit that you can join with. I'm sorry, but that is such a lame excuse they came up with.

mary

FYP_Tina
04-08-2008, 08:11 AM
This is just awful!

FYP_Tina
04-08-2008, 08:14 AM
This is just awful!

KimGuymon
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I saw one defender say, "They made a business decision". Yes, they did - it was at the expense of some who trusted them, though. They made a decision to save their own rears at the expense of the women who built their business.

What if the TLC consultants had made "business decisions" that violated their consultant contracts but were good for them? I don't think TLC would have had the same reaction. They would have booted those consultants out the door.

The contract they had with these women was violated. I assume no money will show up to those who were owed money for down line sales.

Still, the only surprise I believe was the timing. They were allegedly bouncing checks over a year ago to some of their top consultants. No one should have really be surprised something drastic happened.

ZachMadsMom
04-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Kim - I completely agree with you. It's not that it was a business decision but that they violated a trust. If they had given them some warning and said we will be changing our way of doing things on X date, then there might have been less of a blow. It would suck no matter what, but still less of a blow.

I saw a message from a gal that signed up as recently as end of Feb. She said she called the home office and they said they knew for some time it was going to happen but didn't feel the need to tell anyone or stop signing up consultants.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

momstayshome
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I saw a message from a gal that signed up as recently as end of Feb. She said she called the home office and they said they knew for some time it was going to happen but didn't feel the need to tell anyone or stop signing up consultants.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

WOW! I am having a case of de ja vu when Leaving Prints closed!
(I was a consultant with them when that mess happened)

Mary

momstayshome
04-08-2008, 05:17 PM
.......double postedEdited by: momstayshome

cherishbound176
04-08-2008, 07:12 PM
BUMMER....I have a few friends that are with them. :O( I wonder why this is happening so often...actually, the way it's happening sucks! I know how much communication I have with my company and I would think that with a good flow of communication there would be some red flags. I wonder if the communication lines were slowing closing off and leaving consultants out of the loop.

Ookoos
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
This didn't come as a huge surprise to me but it was still handled very poorly and I feel so sorry for those consultants that had worked so hard and depended on that income. I saw the handwriting on the wall for quite some time, but was still shocked at how it was announced.
If any current or previous TLC consultants are interested, I just heard about this special: From April 15th through 30th, any TLC consultant can become a CTMH consultant and purchase the introductory consultant kit at 50% off!!! http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif

There is a special code needed during sign up. If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me via PM for the code or with any questions you may have!

Best wishes to all!
PJ

FYP_Tina
04-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I think I Remember When is having a kit sale for former consultants too!

Contact me for more information!

BLESS
04-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Wow! This is so sad. You TLC consultants hang in there. Whether this is your first venture or 100th venture into Direct Sales please don't let this experience sour you to the wonderful opportunity DS presents. You will all bounce back from this and soar to new heights with whatever company you gift with your trust and commitment!

kimw
04-19-2008, 07:24 AM
I agree the manner in which this was handled stinks. I would never continue to use their products.

Candlemama
04-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Shoot, I hate seeing stuff like this. I'm sorry to hear it. I just wanted to stop by and offer my support...http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley13.gifEdited by: Candlemama

rebeccasmeals
04-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes, that is horrible.
I remember when my friend went through that with Leaving Printsa while back. She was so upset.

I wish you all well. There are A LOT of great companies out there. I used to do scrapbooking prior to my current direct sales company in which I have been for 5 years.

Nothing is ever lost with experience - I am sure that if you desire a new company, you will find one that is GREAT for you!!

kymmie
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
I was a TLC consultant before the changes happened, it was terrible the way they sent an email one day with no warning and you no longer had a downline or anyway to get their information to keep in contact with them,

recently I joined Usborne Books they had a great offer I couldn't pass up for former TLC consultants if any other former TLC consultants would like to sign up with Usborne Books send me an email or PM me and I will give you the info to join.

Kim

www.ubah.com/v2155 (http://www.ubah.com/v2155)

cherishbound176
04-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Former TLC Consultants, I'm very sorry to hear about your business loss. It's terrible that it happened and the way it happened to you. I wanted to let you know that I'm one of the Founding Leaders for Cherish Bound and I'm very close with our founder. She is very familiar with TLC and was quite surprised to hear the news herself. I wanted to let you all know that if you need a soft place to fall, a place where you can run a legitimate business with an amazing opportunity in helping people preserve their memories though the latest technology and the fastest growing memory keeping hobby you have a place with Cherish Bound. We have some AMAZING offers to help you start a new business with your teams and customers. If you'd like more info browse around www.cherishbound.com (http://www.cherishbound.com/) and contact me for more info. We're all in the business of helping people find their stories and memories and preserve them...don't stop doing what you love!! You have support and help if you need it! Good luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1