WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : The gym...help me! LOL!

OrangeSmoke20
03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Hello Ladies,
Ok so as you know I joined the YMCA mainly for their gym but also for the pool!

I have been hitting the gym and I do the treadmill, cycling, and eliptical but am stuck at what I should be doing! Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do to make my workouts the most effective? I am normally there about an hour to hour and half dependingon how much time I have. I did hit the weight machines one day and since I don't want to agrevate(sp?) my back and neck...will probably continue to do it only once per week.

Also and this is just because I am excited. I am taking a few of their aqua aerobics classes starting next month. For a 7 week class it is only $18 and you can take unlimited amounts of classes during those 7 weeks. My dr told me this would be excellent for my back plus for toning the body! I even had to go buy a bathing suit because my bathing suit is plus sized and I am no longer in a plus size...best thing is I got a 2 piece...the tankini halter top (with built in bra of course...LOL and long enough to cover my lovely belly...lol) and boy short bottoms (love those) I get them next week!

So any advice on what to do at the gym, would be greatly appreciated!

Kirsty
03-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Most gyms have people around who will design you a specific workout just for you. Could you ask about that? They'll be able to set the right level weights etc and advise on regularity etc.

Basically you really need to do a balance of upper and lower body exercises and core. Keep it balanced: ie if you work the biceps you also need to work the triceps and so on. There will be trained instructors people there to ask - go for it!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1