WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Creative Memories ?

Bridgetg03
03-01-2008, 10:00 AM
What is the initial sales goal for a rep and the quotas?

Thanks,
Bridget

EstherL
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I am not sure if anything has changed, but when I was in CM it was $500 retail every 3 months.

Are you looking at CM as a way to get your products at cost or to earn some extra income? If it is to earn an income, I would encourage you to sit down and talk with whoever you may enroll with and ask them to show you the average earnings over the past 5 years or so. And really look at the numbers.

I love CM's products and I will always use them. But I believe that the income opportunity is not really there for people who want to have significant income from home. That's my experience and opinion (after 4 and 1/2 years in the business). But, if you just want to get the discount and have others who will purchase from you on a regular basis, then you can certainly do so as a consultant.

DSVet
03-01-2008, 04:55 PM
PM ing you about CM....

DSVet
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Just a note about Creative Memories...
Yes it is 500.00 retail to stay active every 3 months, but500.00 retail is 350.00 with the 30% consultant discount which really you can do with oneget together!

Also Creative Memories has expanded their product lines to include Digital scrapbooking and memory books, as well as an awesome custom framing line. This is giving consultants more avenues to make money.

As with any direct Sales company, you have to put ALOT of work in to be making serious money and to do that you need to find your passion. I think with hard work and dedication you could do just as well with Creative Memories as you could with any other direct sales company....you just have to find the serious scrappers in your community (or turn some peopel into serious scrappers!) and dive in!

Anyone who hasn't checked out Creative Memories in awhile should do so...lots of cool new stuff including moving to a TRUE 12x12 size! Any questions, drop me a line!

EstherL
03-01-2008, 05:46 PM
As with any direct Sales company, you have to put ALOT of work in to be making serious money and to do that you need to find your passion. I think with hard work and dedication you could do just as well with Creative Memories as you could with any other direct sales company....you just have to find the serious scrappers in your community (or turn some peopel into serious scrappers!) and dive in!

I agree completely that you have to put a lot of work into making serious money with CM and all direct sales companies. But you also have to be realistic and look at the track record of the company. CM's numbers have consistently gone down over the past years and no one new has promoted to the highest level in quite some time. I worked VERY HARD with CM for 4 years, got to Unit Leader, and my largest check was just over $800. I am now putting in the same amount of time and effort into a different business with very different results. (Note: I am no longer in direct sales, but I am working from home.)

If you can find some serious scrappers who will consistently buy from you, you may be able to earn some significant income. But I would definitely consider what you are looking for and talk to your upline and others in the business and ask lots of questions - what is their monthly check? How much of that is residual versus based on their parties/shows that month? How many nights a week are they out doing shows in order to earn that? How many hours are they putting in each week - not just the number of shows, but the number of hours they are taking with phone calls, paperwork, customer follow-up, placing orders, delivering orders, etc.

You also have to consider the fact that scrapbooking/framing/digital books are luxury items - they are not something that most people will buy when money is tight (unless they put it on credit and go into debt). Therefore your income may fluctuate quite a bit based on the current economic trends.

I absolutely love the CM products and I am still passionate about the mission. I am currently looking at the 15 completed albums I have on my shelf. So I am not without the passion, and I loved being a consultant. But the reality is that many consultants (not just me) have found their income to go down quite a bit over the past few years - so I encourage you to really look at the numbers before you jump in to earn an income. I am not telling you not to give it a try, I am just sharing some facts that you might want to consider before making a decision.

Best of luck in whatever you decide!

Edited by: EstherL

DSVet
03-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Well Esther, you obviously have more experience at CM than I do, being a new consultant, and you make somegood points. I was not trying to imply that you are not passionate about scrapbooing or CM...I merely wanted to let people know that CM is now offering some new products and new avenues for income. I did not join to make money...more to support my hobby http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gifso your advice to look research the company and ask lots of questions is excellent advice to anyone considering any DS business.

BTW...15 albums?? You are my hero! Best of luck to you.

EstherL
03-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks DS. I am aware of the new products and I think they are great. I just got done with CM last November, so I've been quite aware of the changes. My upline is still active although she is not doing shows anymore, but I do get to see the new stuff when I'm at her house.

Anyway, I agree that it's fine to do CM as a hobby, and that is how I started. But doing it as a business is an entirely different story.

Yes I have done a lot of albums over the past 5 years. I do love doing albums and need to keep working as I have lots more to do!

DSVet
03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Me too...as a matter of fact, I'm signing off now to go work on one!
Best Wishes

03-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Please be aware that CM has a 30/60/90 day plan and I don't remember the exact amounts but if you sell $800, $1200, $1600.00 in the first 30/60/90 respectively you earn some free stuff so I would imagine this would be the sales goals you would be directed to. Then for every three months you are required to place a total of $500 retail of which you save 30% (unless you are in NY like me then you have to pay 7% s&h and 8% sales making your actual savings 15% until you resell the product). Each time you reach $500 in retail your three month clock starts over.

I have been with the company for more than 8 years as a customer, hobby consultant and now as a cash consultant. If you know the right people it can be a money maker, I have struggled for the last year and half to make money and have only lost money. I love the products, except that they keep changing and I am a sticker girl, but I am returning to a hobby consultant and if I deactivate I will purchase my needed supplies from my upline who I adore.
My issue with CM and probably any business I would like to start is the current economy in my area. People are really aware of where they spend their money and $100 (average) to complete a traditional album is too much. This is why CM introduced (I beleive) the new line that has its pages protectors as part of the album, I like customizing my albums and choosing the page lenths which I why I CM, but alot of people where put off at having to buy a cover, then pages, then papers, and embellishments, and then page protectors. The cost really adds up.

One nice thing is now the Company covers the Host rewards so this no longer comes out of our pocket, but the shipping is now much higher than it was in the past.

DebsSLAH
04-23-2008, 06:58 AM
we are looking for a CM consultant to join our shopping group. is anyone interested?
pm me.
thanks
Debbie

LuvJewels
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Esther, I completely agree with your statement. I LOVE CM and I still use their products. It is a fine company but I did not make the money I needed. I think it is a great hobby business but if you are in it to make some serious money, it will be a huge challenge. A lot has changed since I was on board and the digital and direct-ship has brought a new avenue that could potentially help in the income department.

I got into some serious debt by holding monthly workshops. It was so much fun and gratifying but I dug a huge hole as I had thousands of dollars of inventory available and I was buying new products every month because they expected to see the new products! The bottom line, I was not disciplined enough to curtail the inventory. I had a big business but you have to have BIG business to make it. Just my experience.

Christy

LuvJewels
05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
What color albums are available as of now in the true 12 x 12 size?I heard there were some manufacturing issues but I am dying to know what I can get my hands on now?
Thanks,
Christy

kristac
05-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Can someone please PM me some info? My mom is interested in joining this company, and I'm trying to help her out! She is wanting something to do to supplement her income as she already works full time, and she thinks she would really enjoy this. Any info you could share would be much appreciated!

TIA!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1