WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Creative Memories Sign ups...

fergyscrib
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I am interested in signing up for Creative Memories and I hear that they are having a special sign up for February and March. I believe the sign up for February is 1/2 off the start up kit...does anybody know about March's offer? I am signing up at the end of the month but I just want to see if one offer is better than the other.
Thanks,
Beth

EstherL
02-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Beth,
I don't know what the current offer is. I used to be with CM, but I am no longer with them. What is the reason you are wanting to sign? Is it simply to get the products at a discount, or are you looking to earn an income?

fergyscrib
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
How long were you with them and why did you "quit?" I enjoy scrapbooking, I have been doing it for approximately 2 years and I want both. More possibly for the income though...if that is possible.

EstherL
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
I was with CM for almost 5 years. I want to start by saying that I love the products and the mission of the company, and will continue using them even though I'm no longer a consultant.
However, here is my experience. I started just to get the products at cost, but then a year or two later decided to actually try and build a business. I worked full time so I did CM part time (about 10 hours a week). I promoted to Unit Leader and was very excited. The reason I was doing this was so that I could potentially stay at home at least part time when I have kids. However, about as quickly as I got to Unit Leader, I then lost that status. I continued working and trying, but was not able to regain that status. Later in the year, I was really praying about what to do. I knew I loved CM, but I did not see how I would be able to stay home with the income I was getting, since most of the income went to buying the latest products to show at my parties (even if I didn't do that, I would still have had a very small profit margin). Some of the income did help with household things, etc, but there was not a lot of profit.

It was not an easy decision to let go of CM. I have some great friends in CM and I learned a lot from that experience. But it is not a company where you can truly earn a significant income (unless you are at the very top, and the same 9 people have been at the top for years). Here are some stats:

In June 2003, the total consultant count was 78,127. The average Unit Leader earned $555 a month, and there were a total of 3004 ULs. The average Senior UL earned $1507 a month. In October 2005, the total count was 72,665. The average UL earned $436 a month, and there were 2,876 ULs. Average SUL earned $1,254 a month. In November 06, there were 63,121 consultants. Average UL earned $359 a month, and there were 2,583 at that level. Average SUL earned $1038 a month. In November 07, the count was down to 49,606 (a loss of 28,521 in 4 years). The average UL earned $477 and there were 1,840 ULs. Average SUL earned $1,225. So the average earnings in 07 were LESS than in 03, and the number of people at the leadership levels have gone down steadily.

I don't want to be bad mouthing CM. I just want you to know where the company is in relation to the potential to earn an income.

Blessings,
Edited by: [email protected]

HolyCrop
02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
The 1/2 off deal is the same for February and for March. I've been doing Creative Memories for 5 years and really love it. Let me know if you have any questions.

DSVet
02-17-2008, 05:45 PM
CM has recently added a digital line and a custom Framing line, as well as going to a "true" 12x12 and "8x8" universal sizes. I joined for the discount and starter kit last week and got a TON of stuff for 100.00. All the memory manager and story book digital stuff, tons of scrapbooking tools and a few albums,plus paper products! I only intended to try to stay active between mine and my moms orders, but have decided that this is such an awesome company that I am going to start booking get togethers and crops as soon as I get a few books under my belt! Check it out...you wont be sorry! CM is pulling out all the stops to remain a leader in the scrapbooking world!
Best of luck to you whatever you decide!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1