WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Checking in

angienewton
02-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Just a quick update on me. I haven't been around lately because I am busy with business but I wanted to let ya'll know that things are going really well. I had a rough 6 months but nothing was going to stop me from keeping up with my new lifestyle. I did gain some weight back and am on the road to losing that and even more.

The most exciting news is that Kev and I finally joined a fitness center. I was so excited to join last Friday. We met with a trainer this past Saturday and she was awesome and just walked us through all the cardio equipment, weights, classes, etc. and then we were on our own.

We had a blast, it was fun I tell you FUN! Went on the treadmill, arc trainer, stair master, rowing machine, recumbent bike and did some weights. It was GREAT! We went back to the fitness center Sunday and I took a notebook with me to keep track of all the equipment I use, for how long, cal. burned, miles, minutes, etc. We spent about an hour and a half there that day. My goal is to go 4x a week but hopefully I can make it 5 and some weeks maybe 6 but 4 is the goal since I do have other commitments and will still be doing my in-home workouts. But I don't want to waste the good money we are spending every monthsmileys/smiley36.gif I see though how it can become addicting to go to the gym!

Love the fitness center so far. I went to a Turbo Kick class last night and that rocked. It's similar to Turbo Jam. Going by myself was totally out of my comfort zone but I even went up to the instructor and other class members to introduce myself. Oh my goodness, that was a bit overwhelming but I did it and had a heck of a great time.

The center is offering a trainer special for new members that I will most likely take advantage of as well.

I am also very happy to say that I have been tracking my food and keeping a food journal since Jan. 16th. Many of you will recall that I wanted to have nothing to do with counting calories or keeping a journal but after a nutritionist recommended that I check out The Daily Plate (http://www.thedailyplate.com) I was hooked. It was so much easier than the other sites I tried to use before.

So things are going well and I just wanted to check in to let you know I'm still aroundsmileys/smiley2.gif

jnmurra
02-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Awww, Angie, that is awesome!! So glad to hear that you're doing well, and kudos on signing up at the fitness center!

Thanks for the link - I'll have to check it out!

Hope you'll be around more often?!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

elfinsnow
02-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Ang- I am so glad that you are staying strong! The gym sounds great. I bet that is alot of fun. And wow- a Turbo Kick class!! Just think back to 2 yrs ago- did you ever picture yourself doing what you do now??
Keep it up girl!! You are such an inspiration to everyone.

So- a nutritionist recommended calorie counting? How many calories? Any other nutritional guidelines? I need a kick start....
Hugs- missed ya!!!
Terry

OrangeSmoke20
02-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey Angie,
Glad you checked in!!!! It is great that you and hubby joined a fitness class and are still kicking butt with your lifestyle change!
Please keep us updated. I know how busy you have been....I can't believe it is already February....LOL!
(((HUGS))))

cgraham30
02-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey Angie

I don't get to the boards as often as I use to. I joined a new gym in my area a few months ago and between working with a personal trainer and Spin classes I barely have time for anything else.

I have absolutely fallen in love with Spinning, so far I'm up to 4 classes a week

angienewton
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks ladies!

Terry: Yes, the nutritionist recommended that I start counting my calories and keep a food journal. I always knew that I should be doing that but it was always such a pain until now. I am almost obsessed with it....ALMOSTsmileys/smiley36.gif She recommended that I stay between 1600-1800 calories so I have been at just about 1700 every day since. She based that on how much exercise I do and said that since I was doing at least 30-60 min. of cardio a day between WATP, Turbo Jam, Biggest Loser, etc. that I should be in that range. Now I'm working out more so I might have to revisit that number.

Cheryl: Congrats on joining the gym and working with a PT. Kev and I have not done a spin class YET. It scares mesmileys/smiley17.gif Can you tell me more about the spin class when you get a chance? Thanks!

cgraham30
02-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Angie,
The class is absolutely awesome, so good I went 4x last week!!! It is a really intense bike ride that works your glutes, and butt muscles, as well as abs(they have to be tucked in the whole time).

It consists of intervals of standing and sitting, but mostly standing at tensions ranging from 60-95% on the bike. They do "jumps" which are intervals of standing and "hovering" your behind over the seat with 100% tension, which can be difficult and VERY intense.

CAUTION: If you like the class, invest in a gel seat. The seat is like sitting on a pointed edge and you will ABSOLUTELY be sore and hurting(you know where:). I thought I would get use to the seat, but after tossing and turning the second night because "it" was hurting I brought one at walmart for 10.00. It was well worth it.Edited by: cgraham30

angienewton
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks so much for your input, Cheryl! I appreciate it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1