WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any Military Moms???

Patty Gale
11-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone.

I am a former military spouse and my sons are about to be commissioned in May, so I'll be joining the ranks of military families.

Are there any military moms in here?

Patty

Patty Gale
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Am I the only one?

Mrs1stSgt
11-19-2007, 07:14 AM
HI Patty, My sister has two sons, and both are in the military and both are currently deployed to Iraq, my oldest nephew has been deployed 6x since the war has started her youngest went last year, I am an Aunt to two soldiers, wife of one and feel like the mom to alot of my DH's soldiers. Our blood runs red, white and blue. If I can help you with anything feel free to pm me, my DH is a 1st sgt with 17years of expierence. We hed to Sgt. Majors school next year. Thank you momma for raising brave young men.
Hugs.
Lisa

Patty Gale
11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Lisa!
I forgot to check down here today and didn't see your post until now.

Thank you so much to you and your husband and family for serving so proudly!

My sons got their branches assignments last week, and I'm fairly certain that they'll be stateside for a couple of years before being deployed. I know onewill be at Ft. Benning and not sure yet where the other will be.

Their dad was Army, so I spent some time at Ft. Riley, KS and then overseas in Germany, but that was a long time ago.

My oldest was born in what was West Germany at the time.

Now? As a mom, I find myself searching out support groups for parents of those serving.

If you know of any or come across any, please let me know.

Thanks!

Patty

KeishaWilliams
12-10-2007, 07:02 AM
I am a military spouse. My hubby has been in 12yrs. We are currently stationed in Germany, since 2003. We extended 3 years.

He is now in Iraq.

How's everyone doing?

loos09
12-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Hello I too am a military spouse. I have a 2 yearold sonand a 6 month old daughter. My husband is going on his fifth year in the AF

HighEnergyMom
12-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi Patty, my youngest son is in the Air Force, just got home yesterday and has been away since beginning of last March, we are so happy to have him home for the Christmas holiday.

Patty Gale
01-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi Patty, my youngest son is in
the Air Force, just got home yesterday and has been away since
beginning of last March, we are so happy to have him home for the
Christmas holiday.</font>

Hi April,

I'm so sorry I missed this until now. I'm so glad you were able to have your son home for Christmas. That's awesome!

Patty

HighEnergyMom
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks Patty, thanks for the wonderful thoughts, but it was awful when he had to leave again. When he arrived back, the arlines had lost all his luggage, but said he got it back in 24 hours.

SportsTravelEvents
02-01-2008, 08:44 AM
A new Marine mom here! My son just graduated boot camp at Parris Island Jan 18th - he's now at Camp Lejeune NC for MCT then on to Fort Sill OK for MOS.

jackieskreation
02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi everyone, My name is Jackie and I am a military mom. My son is in the Army and stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington. I was in the Air Force for several years and my husband is retired Air Force. We are very proud of our men and women in the military.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif We live in Killeen, Texas so there are lots and lots of military around us.
Jackie

Patty Gale
02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

My son is in the Army and stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington. </font>

My sons just spent a month last summer at Ft. Lewis for LTC training.

jackieskreation
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi Patty,
Did your boys like being at Ft. Lewis? My son told me he wanted to get out of Texas and boy he sure did. He came home Christmas to get his car and drove back. He got back just in time before the bad weather hit. Where are your boys stationed?

Jackie
Jackie's Creations
Handmade Military Purses

Patty Gale
02-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Jackie,

They did like Ft. Lewis, but they were only there for a month and training was pretty intense, so they didn't get to see much.

They actually aren't stationed anywhere yet. They are ROTC and graduate and are commissioned in May, although they did get their assignment orders through spring of 2009.

LTC is going to be at Ft. Knox this year, so they both got assigned there for 8 weeks as instructors. Then, one goes to Ft. Benning for Ranger School, then Infantry School after that and then 5 months of OBC and then he'll get his duty station assignment.

The other one has a similar round of schools / training, and then OBC starting in November and running through March of 2009.

Patty