WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Life time's Army wives

AFwifeAHmom3
06-21-2007, 02:27 PM
So, I got to know is anyone else watching the Army wives series on the lifetime channel? It airs Sunday nights at 10 pm (I think they also run it on mon too). I like it so far. Some of the character seem a but um.. dramatic. But all in all, I like the show.There have been times that I have felt that living on base is like a soapopera. So, I was interested tosee the tv ideas ofarmy wives.Just wanted to know - if anyone else is watching? If so - What do you think? .

kirkette
06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
hi Megan,
I'm a Navy wife but I am definately interested in watching this. I'm hoping they will replay it, it seems I miss everything the first time around these days.

Mrs1stSgt
06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey girs, I have posted down in TV talk about this program, I think it is great, I am good friends with one of the co-writers of this series, we had a big party the night it aired (yes she is a military spouse). It is very fictional, I tell everyone if they had to do a story line about my life it would be boring, busy but boring. It is nice to see that people are interested in it, lets get some talk going in the TV talk folder so more people may become interested in watching is.
Lisa

Mrs1stSgt
06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey girs, I have posted down in TV talk about this program, I think it is great, I am good friends with one of the co-writers of this series, we had a big party the night it aired (yes she is a military spouse). It is very fictional, I tell everyone if they had to do a story line about my life it would be boring, busy but boring. It is nice to see that people are interested in it, lets get some talk going in the TV talk folder so more people may become interested in watching it.
Lisa

Mrs1stSgt
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
oops sorry

FoundInNature
06-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow, Lisa, that's cool to know someone involved. I have a friend that is writing a romance novel based on her 26 years in the Navy. I agree, though, that you'd have to dramatize parts of it. My life story would be quite boring as well with very short, dramatic little sections thrown in. Not enough to write a story about, though. Ahh well,I'll take boring any ol' day.

Deanna

Mrs1stSgt
06-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Did you watch it last night? Very good. Although I am watching it with DH so he points out all the stuff that is not right. like the wife who gave birth to the twins, Her husband is suppose to be delta force, he says the delta force people are not allowed to associate themselves with other wives out of delta force.
Lisa

BrendaB
06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Hey there....I'm a Marine Wife and I really enjoy watching Army Wives :)
Brenda

MelanieUCW
07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Her husband is suppose to be delta force, he says the delta force people are not allowed to associate themselves with other wives out of delta force.
Lisa

I was unaware of that. I know someone who used to be Delta Force, and his wife didn't talk to ANY Army wives at all, all her friends were civilian. Maybe it used to be that way before Delta Force became a mainstream term, back when it was a "secret". Interesting, nonetheless!

redbud23
07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I love this show! I think there are times when the acting could be better, BUT I am just so thankful to have a show that I can relate to!
4 stars!

rebeldogs99
07-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Pretty good show!