WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

IamBlessed
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok, to say I'm floored is an understatement!!!!
I did the body fat test thing at biofitness.com and it asked for my age, weight, abdomen, right thigh, right calf measurements.

Guess what? I'M ONE FAT GIRL!!!!

It was at 44.5%!! 84 lbs of fat and 104 lbs of lean weight. SHEESH, I knew I was in bad shape but GOLLLLEEEEE BUM, that bad?

Well, I'm even more motivated now!

veperez
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
What activity ratio did you use??

Try this one that also calculates your upper body:

Active.com (http://www.active.com/calculators/bodyfat_calc_togo.cfm) - also asks for forearm measurement.

BF% is a great motivational tool. I think it's even better than the scale.

You will do a GREAT job!!! Just keep up your daily exercise & healthy nutritional habits & you will start seeing progress soon!

~ Vilma

IamBlessed
06-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I did the Active one Vilma. I am working out more than 3 times per week but that's about the only physical activity I get during the day so I didn't want to over judge my activity level.

I'll try that second one and see what it says too.

IamBlessed
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, Active.com said 33% Now I'm SOOO confused, LOL

veperez
06-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow, that's more then a 10% difference... that can't be good. Did you double check your biofitness one?

Do you happend to have callipers?

Just so you now, the circumference BF% calculators are just an estimate. You will get better results with a calliper test.

Try double checking your stats again... that's a pretty big difference. smileys/smiley5.gif

My biofitness vs active.com is about a 2 % difference.

IamBlessed
06-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, my stats on biofitness (weight and waist) were the same as on active.com Of course, biofitness didn't ask for forearm and wrist measurements so I don't know on that.

I don't have callipers but I plan on getting some soon. I'm really curious about this body fat % thing and I'm obsessed with getting my waist measurement under 35. So, those two things are majorly on my mind right now which means I'll not quit thinking about it until I buy some callipers and figure it out for sure, LOL

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1