WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fried Foods not my friend : (

OrangeSmoke20
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
HI!
Oh the pain of fried foods. I haven't had fried foods since the beginning of February. Well tonight I made french fries for my kids in the flyer, but I baked mine. Well I tasted just 1 of those pesky fried french fries, and 1 turned into 10. I thought ok I cheated but I will just work it out with an extra long walk and more stretches and situps tonight...OH NO I WAS WRONG. The pain the pain the pain. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson with the pain back in January/Februarybut no I am a glutten for punishment. 10 minutes after I ate...I had heartburn, stomach pain, aches, etc.....
Was told you getstomach problems withFibro but geez I can't even cheat without going into serious pain. So that means NO MORE FRIED or bad foods for me! bad for my taste buds, GREAT for my diet...LOL!

DAWN

angienewton
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Ouch! I know exactly what you mean with fried foods though. After not having them for quite a while, it's not a fun experience.

Glad to hear that you usually bake yours though. That is so much better! We just recentlystarted slicing up potatoes (sweet for me, regular for hubby), adding some spices and baking them and they are ohhhh so tasty.

Oh and since I gave up fast food, I can't stand the smell of french fries although I have had somebut don't really miss them.

OrangeSmoke20
06-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually this is the first time that I have had fries period since February. I did it as a suprise to my kids (and boy they were happy), but I will tell ya...I will eat cardboard before I put myself through that pain again...LOL!
I don't miss fast food persay but I do miss Arby's....LOL!
: )
DAWN

Julianna37
06-16-2007, 05:56 AM
I have eliminated 99.9% of all fried foods out of my diet since I was also diagnosed with Fibro awhile back

BUT I just can't let go of Fried Okra......that I will suffer through, just toooo good....lol

Hugs,

Juli~

OrangeSmoke20
06-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Juli....What kind of pain do you get? I get severeheartburn with pain in my chest, and sharp pains in my stomach .....It stinks. I was only diagnosed with Fibro approx 2 1/2 months ago before all this started I could eat whatever I wanted whenever, now totally different story. Still new to all of this!
DAWN

Julianna37
06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey Dawn...

I get severe stomach cramping and pain in most all of my joints.

I was diagnosed about 2 years ago in NY

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk

Hugs,

Juli~

OrangeSmoke20
06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks Juli! My biggest trigger point is the chest area along with my neck, back, and elbows...luckily I havevery little painmy hips and knees so far. I may just PM you to get some more info. It would be nice to speak to someone who understands!: )
Thanks!
DAWN

caitalexmommy
06-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Have you tried Carrot Fries??? They're SOOOO yummy! just cut up some carrots (or buy baby carrots)... spray them with canola oil (just a little... just enough to hold on the spices) and sprinkle some mrs. dash on them (AGAIN, just a little!!! if you do too much they're way too spicy) ... bake them for about 20 minutes... they're delicious. I've found they cure my craving for french fries. They don't taste the same as french fries, but they're close enough to cure my craving and they're much healthier.

OrangeSmoke20
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you for that recipe. It sounds really good. I am going food shopping on Tuesday so I am going to get everything you just said! I am normally not a carrot person but I have noticed that as I eat more and more heathy....I am craving those types of things. So I can't wait to try it! Will let you know what I think!
Thanks again!
: )
DAWN

caitalexmommy
06-18-2007, 04:38 PM
You're very welcome! They don't taste very "carrotty" lol. They're a great snack to sneak your body into thinking you're eating junk. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

angienewton
06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Have you tried Carrot Fries??? They're SOOOO yummy! just cut up some carrots (or buy baby carrots)... spray them with canola oil (just a little... just enough to hold on the spices) and sprinkle some mrs. dash on them (AGAIN, just a little!!! if you do too much they're way too spicy) ... bake them for about 20 minutes... they're delicious. I've found they cure my craving for french fries. They don't taste the same as french fries, but they're close enough to cure my craving and they're much healthier.

Sounds really good! I am going to trythose myselfhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif Thanks!

OrangeSmoke20
06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
They definitely do sound yummy, don't they angie.
My problem is I get in the mood for crunchies during certain times of the month...LOL. Normally I would head for the chips, but I have been using crackers instead and it is getting old, so this sounds like the perfect thing for it. My best friend is also going to try it! Let you know on Wednesday how they taste! : )

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1