WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Which Eating Plan?

ksbell
06-14-2007, 07:46 AM
So, which eating plan do you guys subscribe to:

Low Glycemic?
Low Carb?
Low Fat?
High Fiber?

There are so many experts out there saying their plan is a "permanent weight loss plan" it's hard to know what to believe! I've read the YOU! On a Diet book and it makes the most sense to me. I've switched my thinking from "all carbs are bad" to "low glycemic load" foods.

This has been such a journey for me, I've researched and researched!!!I decided to make it my business as well. When I found this program, I knew I had found what I am looking for for myself, and I am so thrilled to help others get healthy as well.

So... which plan do you follow?

Kim

chrlstoncharmed
06-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I follow the "real food" plan. I don't eliminate anything out of my diet with the exception of fast food or overly processed/fake/convenience foods. I avoid things that are obviously high in fat and sugar.
I guess when it comes down to it, I eat a lot of fresh produce, some dairy like cottage cheese and yogurt, lean meats like fish, tuna, white meat chicken, and grains/legumes.

ETA: I also avoid high sodium. Edited by: chrlstoncharmed

happymommy
06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Kim,

My body definately responds best to low-glycemic (high protein/complex carbs). The plan I follow is low-glycemic and I also love Body-for-Life's eating plan. I discovered this way of eating almost 10 yrs ago and it's what works for me.

Congrats on your success and for helping others along the way!

veperez
06-14-2007, 09:59 AM
YOU on a diet book is pretty awesome, huh Kim? Very well rounded.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
I eat for what best works for ME.

Some weeks itís 40-40-30, other weeks its 55-30-25, other weeks its 30-50-20 (Carbs, Protein &amp; Fats Respectively). I re-evaluate every 3-4 weeks or soand change things based on my progress.

I eat lean proteins at every meal combined with complex/fibrous/or simple carbs (fruit)

I aim at 30 + g of fiber per day, try to keep my sodium to a minimum &amp; do not eat anything containing hydrogenated oils, refined flour, or high fructose corn syrup.

~ Vilma

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1