WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Diet Question

tooaud2
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
What diet is everybody doing?What kind of exercise are you doing? How often? What are your goals?

angienewton
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
No diet here (although I did start out following The Diet thread that is posted at the top of this forum), but basically just a new healthy lifestyle (smaller portions sizes, 8-10 glasses of water a day, better food choices, etc).

I do a variety of different workouts. Walk Away the Pounds, Turbo Jam, stability ball, rebounding (mini trampoline) and many more. I exercise at least 5 days a week (and just recently added Double Duty where I will do an AM and PM workout 3 days a week for approx. 3 months).

My goals: Ultimate goal was to lose 135 lbs. I have lost just over 82 lbs so far, so I have approx. 53 lbs left to go to meet my goal. Of course inch loss, eating healthier and consistant exercise have been my goals since I started my new lifestyle in Aug. 05.

PS. The link to your blog has an extra .com in therehttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Oh and do feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself and your weight loss/fitness goals.

caitalexmommy
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I personally hate the word "diet." I'm just trying to get in my fruits and veggies and WATCH MY PORTIONS!!!! I think the majority of us don't necessarily eat "bad" foods, we just eat too much. As far as exercising, I look at that the same way... I just try to workout every day. I alternate a strength workout and ab workout each day, but I do cardio everyday. I find I'm more successful if I don't look at this as a way to "lose weight," but a way to be more healthy. Losing weight and looking better is just an added bonus. HTH!

OrangeSmoke20
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
There is no name to what "diet" I am on. I basically did a lifestyle change like Angie and recently started excersizing. I cut out the bad foods like Fried, high in fat foods. I also cut back on red meat : ( I also don't drink dark sodas anymore, I now drink Diet 7-UP. I stil every once in a while treat myself to special occasion things, but I don't over due it (or atleast I try not too).
As for excersizing I cannot do much right now. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromalygia and they want me to take it slow. I cannot do situps ( I have been forbidden..LOL), so the Physical therapist told me to do reverse situps (And yes they are working)...I also do a lot of stretching with a resistance band (all stretching excersizes given to me by my PT). I will be starting pilates probably in 2 weeks as soon as I my best friend and I can get together so I can grab her DVD. I walk almost everyday when I can...if not everyday at least 5 out of 7 days!

When I started losing...I lost 20lbs right away ( I don't advise anyone to lose the weight the way I did) then Iset my first goal at199 lbs, now that I have reached that I have set a new goal of 175, and I am hoping to be at 180 by the end of June. Once I hit 175, I will set another goal! I think setting realisticgoals is important too!.

If you are like me, and cannot see the big picture of what you will look like...I highly advise you to take a look at Angie's Blog. It is a real inspiration!

DAWNEdited by: OrangeSmoke20

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1