WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Low Carb Plan

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 10:27 AM
After achieving my goal weight on this plan, I decided to become an affiliate. I'm even hostingsupport groups locally. It's been a big hit!

Anyone else doing the plan? (in my signature)

Side Note: Will be featured in Woman's World magazine the first week of June.

Edited by: TheBiggestLoser

deadra
05-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I have never heard of Kimkins. I just read the website...very interesting. I may give this a try.

Did you lose 100 lbs in 5 months?

Thanks for posting!

Yogi
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
FWIW, company/product posts not allowed here. You will probably be deleted when Cheryl sees it.

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
My apologies. My fault for not reading the forumrules first.

I have edited my post.

Deadra >> YES! I lost just a tad over 100 lbs in 5 months. I am now sharing the program on a local level. Everyone is loving it.

FV Mom
05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Congrats on your weight loss.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gifIs it safe to lose that much that fast though?

veperez
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, congrats on your weight loss.

That's about 20 lbs a months. Too fast for my taste. I want to keep my muscle. Once you start losing more than 2 lbs. a week you start losing precious lean body mass & your metabolism slows WAY down.

I would like to see this program on the market for atleast 3 years w/ at least 80% of the people maintaining their weightloss before I start making any judgement.

How many calories a day are you eating? I see that there is no exercise required... smileys/smiley26.gif

Just my 2 cents.

~ Vilma

Yogi
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
AFAIK, the danger of fast weight loss is in two areas. Protein depletion (robbing protein from muscles or heart) and toxicity release (overloading liver, raising blood toxicity to fatal levels).

Its not the weight loss, its the side effects...

veperez
05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Just found a review of this plan...

http://www.thedietlist.com/Kimkins.html

" no more than 20 grams of carbohydrates should be consumed per day" smileys/smiley3.gif

Maybe it will work for the people that are following a Low carb plan???

I've tried low carb, and it's not for me...

</font></font></span>
Edited by: veperez

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the congrats!
Yes, I agree, it may not be for everyone. But as someone who has tried every weight loss plan in the world (including one's advertised here) this was the only one that has worked for me.

I did exercise, which only helped speed up my weight loss. As far as losing muscle .... I actually have more muscle tone now than I ever have.

I didn't find it dificult at all. Once ketosis kicked in (after about the third day) I had to force myself to eat.

Anyway, I was just looking for other fans of the plan.

veperez
05-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Do you have Starting Stats vs. currents stats comparisons that you would like to share?

(Ex. Starting weight, measurements, body fat)

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Start Date: November 1st, 2006
Height: 5' 4"
BMI: 32.6
Starting Weight: 228

Reached Goal: March 4th, 2007
Goal Weight: 124
Current BMI: 21.3

veperez
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks... http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

The reason I asked is because I'm into formulas like that...

I like to compare before stats w/ current stats to see EXACTLY what I've "lost" (ei. muscle mass, water, fat).

I think BF% would be a better ratio to calculate - and gives youa better picture.

If you're interested, I can do this for you.(And anyoneelse that is interested.)

PM me the following details:

Make sure you include starting stats/currents stats/target stats:

Name
Height (inches)
Activity Multiplier
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
1.2 -sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)
1.375 -Light exercise (light exercise/sports 1-3 days / week)
1.55 -Moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week)
1.725 -Very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week) </BLOCKQUOTE>
and most importantly,

Body Fat Percentage - Here is how you can calculate you before &amp; after body fat %

http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=377117

================

Anyhow... again, congrats on the weightloss. Keep it up! smileys/smiley32.gif

~ Vilma

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Sorry, forgot those:

Starting BF%: 45.2
Current BF%: 21.6

veperez
05-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the congrats!
Yes, I agree, it may not be for everyone. But as someone who has tried every weight loss plan in the world (including one's advertised here) this was the only one that has worked for me.

I did exercise, which only helped speed up my weight loss. As far as losing muscle .... I actually have more muscle tone now than I ever have.

I didn't find it dificult at all. Once ketosis kicked in (after about the third day) I had to force myself to eat.

Anyway, I was just looking for other fans of the plan.

Here are your results:

Lean Body Mass (LBM) Calculation - To calculate your LBM in
pounds you need to know two things: your bodyweight and your body fat
percentage.

<blockquote>Starting Weight: 228 lbs/ Starting Body Fat %: 45.2 %</font>Current Weight: 124 lbs/ Current Body Fat %: 21.6 %</font></blockquote>

First, determine how many pounds of fat you are carrying by
multiplying your body fat percentage by your weight.

<blockquote>45.2% </span>x 228 lbs.
= </span>103.05 lbs. of FAT</font>21.6% x 124 lbs. =
</span>26.78 lbs. of FAT</font></blockquote>

You can then calculate your lean mass by subtracting the
pounds of fat from your total bodyweight.

<blockquote>228 lbs. – 103.05 lbs of fat = </span>124.95 lbs. lean mass</font>124 lbs. - 26.78 lbs of FAT = 97.22 lbs. of lean mass</font></blockquote>

GRAND TOTAL Scale Weight Lost: 104 pounds smileys/smiley32.gif
GRAND TOTAL Fat Lost: 76.27 pounds smileys/smiley32.gif

GRAND TOTAL Lean Mass Gained: - 27.73 poundssmileys/smiley21.gif (Negative value
denotes lean mass loss)I agree that you are going to see more muscle tone (you dropped your BF% significantly), however, you did lose 27.73 precious lean muscle which burns more calories (50 extra calories per 1 lbs of muscle) &amp; keeps your metabolism running on high even at rest. You could be burning and extra 1,386.5 calories a day just by having that muscle.

What you COULD of done is this:

Lose about 68 lbs of fat-while maintaining your lean body mass. The only way to do this is to lose NO MORE than 2 lbs a week.

By doing this,

You would still be at 21.6% BF but would weigh 159.37 lbs. (given that you would of kept your fat burning muscle.)

One more reason why scale weight doesn't really matter. It's the body fat that counts. smileys/smiley2.gif

Anyhow... that's my calculation class for the day. smileys/smiley36.gif Hope you enjoyed it.
Keep up the good work!
~ Vilma

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the lesson Vilma. However, regardless of what the calculations show, prove or provide, I would NOT be happy at 160 lbs.

I am healthier than I have ever been. My numbersare off the charts(BP, cholesterol, etc.) and even my doctor has given me the smileys/smiley20.gif
But most of all ... I'm HAPPY!

Not all diets and calculations are "one size fits all" smileys/smiley2.gif

I go with what works for me - calculations don't motivate me - quick results do.

But that's just me.

Again, I appreciate the lesson and your time. I wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Obviously, the plan is not for everyone. Only those who are extremely motivated ... to lose weight ... FAST.

chrlstoncharmed
05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! Good luck keeping it off.

FV Mom
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the lesson Vilma. However, regardless of what the calculations show, prove or provide, I would NOT be happy at 160 lbs.

I am healthier than I have ever been. My numbersare off the charts(BP, cholesterol, etc.) and even my doctor has given me the smileys/smiley20.gif

I go with what works for me - calculations don't motivate me - quick results do.

But that's just me.

Again, I appreciate the lesson and your time. I wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Obviously, the plan is not for everyone. Only those who are extremely motivated ... to lose weight ... FAST.

Why would'nt you be happy? You'd look exactly like you do now, wear the same sized clothing, be able to eat normal food (IMO it' s not healthy to avoid fruit at allhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley18.gif), plus you'd easily maintain your weight. Now you run the risk of gaining all the weight back and then some if you go back to eating a balanced diet because you burn less calories therefore it's easier to go over your body's maintenence level, your metabolism has been deminished, etc. So why would having MORE lean muscle, be able to burn MORE calories, and eat MORE and NORMAL food be bad?http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

I'm not trying to be mean or anythinghttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley9.gif
Edited by: FV Mom

veperez
05-30-2007, 09:13 PM

But that's just me.

No problem...smileys/smiley2.gif I just stated the cold, hard FACTS.

I agree with you that not all "diets" are a one size fits all. Diets are just that... DIETS - something temporary. You need to make a commitment FOR LIFE, not just for 5 months, 1 year, 5 years...

If you want a quick fix, then by all means, take it.

I did that before, and I haved vowed to never do it again. My metabolism is WAY more important than quick results &amp; dropping weight fast.

I want to it the RIGHT way this time &amp; keep off my weight for life w/out starving myself for the rest of my life.

If eating less than 1200 calories a day to maintain your weight is gonna make you happy, more power to ya!

All the best,

~ Vilma

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Why would'nt you be happy? You'd look exactly like you do now, wear the same sized clothing, be able to eat normal food (IMO it' s not healthy to avoid fruit at allhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley18.gif), plus you'd easily maintain your weight.

Forgive me for not agreeing with you. Again, not all calculations are "one size fits all" - at 160 lbs. I would NOT be the same size I am now. I know, I've been there. I do eat "normal" food and I do eat fruit. (now that I've reached my goal weight)

Now you run the risk of gaining all the weight back and then some if you go back to eating a balanced diet because you burn less calories therefore it's easier to go over your body's maintenence level, your metabolism has been deminished, etc. So why would having MORE lean muscle, be able to burn MORE calories, and eat MORE and NORMAL food be bad?

Thank you for your concern, however,I neversaid it was bad. My metabolism is fine and I've been maintaining my weight for the past 2 months with absolutely no problems. Yes, I've had to change my eating habits but that would be trueof ANY weight loss maintenance program.

The founder is her own success story. In one year, shelost 198 lbs, and has maintained that loss for over five years now.

I hope I don't sound too harsh, but it seems that your only interest in being here is to pitch your product and get sign ups, not actually participate in the group and learn....seeing as your very first post here was an ad..well I dunnohttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley18.gif

Not harsh at all. My first post was an ad and it was posted exactly where it belonged ... the advertising forum. I have absolutely no problem admitting that I would love to get others involved in the plan. However, my post here was to see if any others knew of the program and had as much success as I have had.

Half the people in this forum are reps or affiliates for some type of weight loss product - it's no secret.

So to recap:

1) The plan is not for everyone. It's a lean, low-carb plan – with less fat than Atkins and fewer carbs than South Beach. It would be for those who want to lose weight FAST.

2) To someone who has struggled with weight all her life, scales domatter. You can send me calculations all day long but at the end of the day, I'm still gonna get on a scale AND I'm still healthy and happy.

3) I'd still love to hear from anyone else doing the plan.

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 09:42 PM
No problem...smileys/smiley2.gif I just stated the cold, hard FACTS.

I agree with you that not all "diets" are a one size fits all. Diets are just that... DIETS - something temporary. You need to make a commitment FOR LIFE, not just for 5 months, 1 year, 5 years...

If you want a quick fix, then by all means, take it.

I did that before, and I haved vowed to never do it again. My metabolism is WAY more important than quick results &amp; dropping weight fast.

I want to it the RIGHT way this time &amp; keep off my weight for life w/out starving myself for the rest of my life.

If eating less than 1200 calories a day to maintain your weight is gonna make you happy, more power to ya!

All the best,

~ Vilma

I definitely went for the quick fix - but it was much safer than a majority of the products on the market today and/or surgery.

The "right" way or the"wrong" way?? hhhmmm I guessthat would be a matter of opinion. My doctor had absolutely no problems with the plan. She actually encouraged it. The ending resultwas a whole lot better than if I had just continued with what I was doing for the past 37 years.

As far as starving myself- not quite. But I can eat under 1200 calories per day and eat WELL. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

To each his own. That's what makes the world go round http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Edited by: TheBiggestLoser

veperez
05-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Ok... two more questions and then i'll be done.

1. Who is your doctor?

2. Do you have a success story? Pictures, etc...

TheBiggestLoser
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Ok... two more questions and then i'll be done.

1. Who is your doctor?

You're joking, right?
I'd be happy to PM you her information if you think youreally need it. However, I'm not about to post it on a public forum for everyone to start calling herjust to ask aboutmy diet plan.

2. Do you have a success story? Pictures, etc...

I do not have any before and after photos uploaded. I never started the plan to market it. As a matter of fact, like all the other plans I tried, I never expected it to work. (although, I guess it wouldn't be hard to get some together for marketing purposes)

One of the main reasons I'm doing so well locally, is because my community has seen the transformation first handed.

There are plenty of before and after photos and success stories on the website. Several of them (whom I've become dear friends with)were chosen for thestoryin Womans World Magazine. smileys/smiley32.gif

veperez
05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Fair enough...

All the best to you and I hope you are able to maintain your loss.

To your health,

~ Vilma</font>

FV Mom
05-31-2007, 04:52 AM
When I join the Army I always was 125-135lbbs and wore a size 8-10. After Basic I had gained 10lbs and was a size 4. I was heavier and smaller, more lean, and oh so sexysmileys/smiley36.gif

My friend from Million Dollar Body....well check out her before and after:

I started [Million Dollar Body] programs at 124 pounds and over 30% body fat.

http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/994105228/inlineimg/Y/frontday1.jpg

2 years later...I am currently at 134 pounds and 19% body fat. Yes, I weigh 10 pounds heavier!!!

http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/838106228/inlineimg/Y/60_bikini.jpg

You can see all her pics here: http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/17410191/m/894105228 (http://forums.milliondollarbody.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/17410191/m/894105228)

And she can eat more than 1200 cals a day and 20 carbs....

Anywho, I digress. I only said that to say muscle is our friend, not our enemy, and my friend looks fabulous 10 pounds heavier!

Not saying "my" way is the only way, nor am I bashing "your" way, just simple saying that "your" way is not the only nor the best way. But it depends on your desired results. I wanna look like homegirl above for sure!

Anyways, ignore me and you do you. It takes a lot of will power to live on only 20 carbs and 1200 cals, so if that's the way you like it, who am I to judge.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you decide to become an active member of the group and participate in some of our monthly contestssmileys/smiley20.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1