WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pilates

Mystical0129
05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I was thinking about starting pilates. A little is incorporated with my physical therapy and it's not too difficult for me. What I was wondering is if anyone has used it alot for muscle toning and weight loss? And if so, can it be done with my knee injury do you think? I need an exercise/muscle toning program I can use along with my diet plan, that will not bother my knee or cause further injury. I have a recently torn ACL ligament and still have quite a bit of instability. I can bear weight on it but cannot do any jumping or bouncing or running, or twists and turns. Anyone have any other suggestions, please feel free to offer them. Thanks

chrlstoncharmed
05-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I think pilates would be OK. It isn't jarring at all and it's all done on the floor. I'm thinking about my Winsor pilates workout and I can't really think of any specific moves that you wouldn't be able to do.

I can't credit pilates for my weight loss because I don't do it often enough, but when I do, I definitely feel it the next day! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Mystical0129
05-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a winsor pilates DVD that I ordered and never opened. LOL smileys/smiley36.gif Now, if I can just remember where it's at... smileys/smiley5.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1