WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Protein?

Lilbrownbear
05-25-2007, 04:49 AM
I am looking for sources of protein, other than eggs & nuts. Does anyone know about liquid protein drinks?

thanks

Is this something I could take for "making me feel fuller benefits" and so my blood sugar levels don't go crazy or is this strictly for people who seriously work out all the time. I do see the warning about weight reduction. I thought that maybe that was in cases where it is used every day.

http://www.gncproperformance.com/goods/product/default.aspx?id=350772&c=6&lang=en (http://www.gncproperformance.com/goods/product/default.aspx?id=350772&c=6&lang=en)Edited by: Lilbrownbear

Yogi
05-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Protein powders are all very different chemistry-wise, though they may look the same. Basically two sources, soy and whey. You should not live solely on protein powders for a lot of reasons, but as a meal supplement they are fine for most people. I always add a scoop or two of fiber to every shake., makes it thicker, better tasting, and better for you.

happymommy
05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
I've always used protein shakes & bars to help me get extra protein. I don't know about the gnc one you have here. It looks like just an amino acid supplement and I'm not sure that would help with the "fullness factor." :) Have you considered protein powder? Just look for one that is low-glycemic and has some fiber in it...Or get a protein only powder and have some fresh fruit with it. That should help you feel full and give you the protein boost you need.

Are you a vegetarian? Cottage cheese has lots of protein.
Hope that helps!

jnmurra
05-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Protein shakes for me most of the time. I haven't tried any of those liquid protein packs, so I don't know much about them.

Chicken, turkey, fish, lean beef, beans, cheese, peanut butter,andtofu are all thatI can think of right now.
HTH

chrlstoncharmed
05-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Vanilla whey protein is my favorite because it is so versatile. I can make a shake with fresh fruit, non-fat yogurt, and tofu.

Legumes are a good source of protein (and fiber) ... peas, black beans, navy beans, etc. Cottage cheese is also a good source ... and tuna & salmon.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1