WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

chrlstoncharmed
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Now, I'm not usually a big drinker. I love my margaritas when we go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant, but 1 or 2 is it.

Well, last night we went out with friends and I had more than 2 drinks (and not my usual margaritas, either). I didn't drink enough to get sick or anything, but this morning I am in PAIN!

Literally ... PAIN. My joints are so stiff and sore. This is not normal for me to feel like this at all, so all I can think to blame is the alcohol.

I've learned my lesson ... but does anyone know why I would hurt so bad? It's just bizarre.

FV Mom
05-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's probably because your body is so used to being "clean" that introducing something as acidic and cell damaging as alchohol freaked your body out so to speak.

Oh, I learned in the Glycemic index book that alchohol likeglucose goes straight into the muscles and is really bad for them, so my guess is your muscles are used to getting good fuel, so by introducing the bad fuel, it caused them to react badly.

Now quit drinkin!smileys/smiley36.gif

jnmurra
05-12-2007, 10:56 AM
What was mixed with your alcohol? I'm wondering if whatever your mixer was may have something to do with it, in addition to the alcohol.

I know that if Ieat a good bit of "bad" carbs before going to bed, I wake up like that as well. I basically feel hung over, so when I do that (which is really rare for that exact reason), I call it a 'carb hang over.' But I do feel sore all over and have a headache like all get out.

Drink lots and lots of water (add some lemon to it)today and get that out of your system!!
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

Yogi
05-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I am expert drinker. Tell me exactly what you drank, how many, and approx body weight. Inlcude non-alcoholic drinks as well. I will tell you where you went wrong.

mctaza1
05-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Wow Bob...If I ever have a drinking question, I'm coming to you!!!

Girl, I wish I knew what it could be. I don't really drink anymore because I get terrible, terrible heartburn and can't handle it.

Yogi
05-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Many times it comes down to sugar, age, mixing (but I can mix anything except tequila) or food. You can get a hnagover from too many sugar drinks, especially in corn syrup form. You can also get that way from drinking on top of too much fried or fatty food. Posters symptoms indicate liver overload.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1