Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Super WAHM

I read before that there was a problem with the medical providers that were in all caps, can someone let me know if this is still a problem.
I have a lady interested in AP but when I looked up her dr. it was in caps.

She has triditional ins. and wants to cancel cuz of theamount of money it cost her.

Thanks,
Jackson
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Super WAHM

The providers in all caps are through Beechstreet. They are still available to use but she will need to contact member services to verify a specific doctor to make sure they are still under contract. It really should not be a problem because either way she has to call member services to make her 1st appointment so they will help her choose a doctor and make her first appointment. Edited by: Verlegen
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Super WAHM

Yes, the all caps providers may or may not be accepting AmeriPlan's discounts. They never inform AmeriPlan of this. The only way to find out if they are for sure, is for AmeriPlan to literally call each doctor's office, and find out if they are still accepting the discounts.

I tried calling member services ((800) 647-8421) the other day for one of my prospects, and they told me that the prospect had to be the one to call in order for customer service to call the doctor's offices.

Hope this helps!

- Jen
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Super WAHM

(told me that the prospect had to be the one to call in order for customer service to call the doctor's offices.)

Prospect, meaning they do not have to sign on first? I would hate to sell a membership and the doctor Not be accepting AP any longer. If the Dr. stops later, that is different. But I did not want to say yes, and then the prospect would be upset and say we were just a scam.

I can have her phone Customer service before she joins?

Jackson
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Super WAHM

That's right! They can find out before they join. Exactly why I tell them to call BEFORE they join. When I was brand new, I signed a member, and it looked like she had a ton of providers in her area (all caps). Then, when she went to make an appointment, it turned out that none of them were accepting AmeriPlan anymore....bad times. She thought it was a scam, and cancelled.

Now, if a prospect has providers in their area, but all caps, I tell them to call member services first to make sure.

- Jen
Old 07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Super WAHM

Thank you for the information!

I will give the number, hopefully it all works out.

Jackson

Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Super WAHM

Remember Jackson,

There is a 30 day money back gaurantee if the member is not happy. But usually they can find a doctor they can be satisfied with and be sure to get a referral as well to turn in.

We had one girl that broke her foot, went to a beechstreet ortho...doc and she only paid 230 out of around 800 dollars. Whether the docs are proprietory to Ameriplan or beechstreet, they will still save something.

Our discount program is a heck of a lot better than having nothing.

HTH with posture for a member prospect...

Teresa