Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

What do I tell someone that's interested who doesn't have a computer? I know I can't live without mine. How do you guys answer that one.

I know that they can use the library, but how effective is that???

Jennifer

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Super WAHM

I would explain that it may be difficult to do the business without a home computer, but not impossible. If they have a neighbor or family nearby that would allow them to use there computer they may be able to work it, or suggest that maybe they can ask around to see if anyone is upgradeing their computer might be willing to give them there old one or sell it to them cheap. I mean realistically, we do most of our training online, we submit our applications online, etc, so I would explain to her that if she did decide to join it would not be easy for her.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

That's my thought too. her words are I don't have a computer at the moment. Maybe it's down or something. I'm going to call her in the AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlegen
I would explain that it may be difficult to do the business without a home computer, but not impossible. If they have a neighbor or family nearby that would allow them to use there computer they may be able to work it, or suggest that maybe they can ask around to see if anyone is upgradeing their computer might be willing to give them there old one or sell it to them cheap. I mean realistically, we do most of our training online, we submit our applications online, etc, so I would explain to her that if she did decide to join it would not be easy for her.
This is all very true. I have two people now without home computers. The first, not by choice, hers broke down right after she signed up and the other, I did explainall the detailsto her. There is information that is delivered to her email at any given time but to coordinate when to check her mail in the morning and if at all possible to try and check it in the evening. I explained to her that she will need to print out some apps at the library as well as scripts so that when at home she has the needed info toenroll aperson at the library.

Honestly, they can make it work but it is up to them. If they want to give it a try it's up to them. Remember you do not need to talk them into it. They need to make it a priority for themselves.

Remember as well...Internet and phone required...This is their business... You are the tool to help them get started but not to keep it running. It is ultimately thier responsibility to stay plugged in the best they can.

If they have the incentive and want to try, then let them try. Just be straight with this person and go from there.

hth
Teresa
Old 07-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks! How is the person w/out the computer doing? Has she enrolled anyone? How does she do the training?