Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered WAHM

well I have e mailed a few people but no response so I guess I have to call. I am so nervous, I am shy person. I just can't shake the nervousness to call lol I know I am weird
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 06:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Trust me I know exactly what you are going through.But when I sit down to make calls I will sit there for about 15 mins or so before then when I start I get past two to three calls then I am fine from there.I go through this every day.But I do it consistantly.

I have a paper in front of me on the wall that I read everyday one says dont ever give up with a frog in the mouth of a crane choking it to let it go.The other If its to be....Its up to me.Find something to keep you motivated and going and hang in front of you so you will see it every day.HTH
Old 07-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered WAHM

ha ha my mom used to have that poster in her office. I not sure which member script to use.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Super WAHM

I felt the exact same way too...I would literally talk to myself a little before each call, hahaha..sort of a little pep talk - I'd say "Just do it!", and then remind myself that I was just going to be talking to people that were just like me, no one scary. My first calls were very funny looking back, I stuttered a lot, and probably made no sense hehe. But, after I made myself do it, it got easier and easier. Now I love calling people. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

As far as scripts for the members, I've only seen one. I'm on the FAHT, and I sort of adapted the script and added some of my own words to it.

Keep calling, and it will start to be enjoyable, if you can believe it! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

- Jen
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
WAHM Addict

We all start out BAD!!! But we get better!

I was the person who took an "F" on a report because I refused to give it in front of my class. I was always the shy person that would not introduce myself to anyone first...

Of course those that know me now know me different and they would say I'm NOT shy! LOL... To an extent I've come out of my shell and I can basically talk to just about anyone...

I had to overcome that though and I was nervous when I hit the phones for the first time as well. Like Jennifer said.. It got easier and easier!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
WAHM Fanatic

You arenot weird! This is very common. This was my big obstacle too!!

The thought of picking up the phone literally made me sick. I remember my very first recruiting call, I stumbled all over myself and rambled A LOT. I must have sounded ridiculous!! I actually remember the guy giggling at me. After I got off that call, I swore I would never do it again. But I knew I was NEVER going to quit so I had to figure something out. So, that night I was on a training call hosted by Janie and she said something that really stuck with me. She said "You will have to be bad before you can get good". That's when I made my decision to GET GOOD!! I started plugging intoEVERY live prospecting call hosted by Janie, Becky and Kelly. After listening to them over and over again, the information was embedded in my head. I was having dreams about prospecting! Knowing what I was talking about made me comfortable on the phone. Plus, a lot of practice! The more you do it, the more comfortable you will get. I finally enrolled my first broker six weeks in to the business. And, the rest is history Get on some prospecting calls and make your WHY bigger than your fear and you WILL overcome this obstacle!!!

Oh, and that first person that I talked to that I stumbled all over, called me eight months later and enrolled in the family medical plan!!And, just a few weeks ago I had a lady call me and enroll as an IBO and I talked to her last May, over a year ago!!! She said she was finally ready! Both of those people were from my "bad" period. Moral of my story, no call is a wasted call, even when you're bad. They will hearhow great ourcompany is through all of your rambling
Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Oh Susan, I used to do the same thing, take an "F" on my reports because I was so scared to do it in front of class...LOL
Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 AM
WAHM Addict

Nowlook at us! We can talk to anyone now!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I know!!! I have a problem putting the phone down now!

By the way, great job on the call last night
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
WAHM Addict

Thank you... You did great on the last one too!

I have some pics I'll be emailing to you in the next couple of days... Turned out good!