Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
WAHM Regular

I havent been able to do ANYTHING for the business with the move and all and honestly Ive been having second thoughts like maybe I shouldnt have joined.. i know its because i havent been able to do any training or anything and so im starting to think this job isnt for me. I think the main problem is that Im not able to do anything for another couple of weeks and its really unmotivating.. anyone have any POSITIVE things to give me a little boost as far as working this business goes? Im starting to think I should have just got a part time job... whats wrong with me? =/
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Can you plug into some of the training even if just for 15 min. at a time? I listen to the recorded training calls while cooking supper or cleaning. Otherwise I would never get them in. I keep a notebook in the kitchen on the counter next to the laptop and run over and jot down things that I hear and want to reference later. I have never been a big note taker so it works for me. Also how about business cards, do you have any yet? You can get some printed at vista print for free and when you are out leave them around and when you tip your waiter/waitress then leave a card with it.
Have you moved already? Did you move far away? Are you in a small or big town now?
Maybe you can start working on an onlin blog or posting in various boards to others like yourself and just have "conversation" about your move and how you are trying to work from home while it is being uprooted and moved etc.......
I know the boards work great for me, but they can also be time wasters so be careful
I hit my wall when I went back to work from medical leave and had to figure out how to work the business while working full time. Now that I am back home full time it is sooooo much easier. I tried for so long to be able to work from home that I am ever grateful for this opportunity and I know that it is a REAL way to earn a living it just takes time. Hang in there it will all happen soon.
Michelle
Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Super WAHM

I put the training calls on my mp3 player and listen to them while I'm running or cleaning to keep me motivated and to maximize my time. I am usually in bed pretty early so I'm not able to get on the calls at night, so I love having them in mp3 format to listen to during the day. I would definately keep plugging into the calls to keep you motivated. Also give your upline a call, if you can't go at the business full force, maybe the two of you can brainstorm some small actvities that you can accomplish to keep you on track.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

Give yourself a time limit. When I started, I set a low goal. like if I didn't get a check by X-Mas.. I needed to listen to 2 recorded calls a week...By next monday, I'll have bus cards ordered.

Give your self time! I did NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING for 3 months while my kitchen and living room were gutted and redone. I was washing dishes in the laundry room and cooking in the basement. I've also got 3 girls and work in Surgery 4 days a week. I know what you are feeling. I've been here a year and a half, and I'm not RSD yet! I went so slow, so, so, slow! Then I had my husband and entire family telling me that this is a scam, I was only spending money and not making anything ect. Then I got my 1 st member! It was totally awesome! Then she cancelled, and I was just heartbroken. I just got my 5th member and I am once again Excited!

It will come, give yourself time to get adjusted.

Jennifer

Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Super WAHM

It can be difficult when there are so many changes happening around you.

You need to set a small goal like Jennifer mentioned. Even if it's 'today I will listen to Dani Johnson'. Dani is incredibly motivational and helpful, or a Training Call, or listen to a prospecting call from the training site.

Talk to a friend, neighbor, ex co-worker, about the benefits. Just 1 of these and then move on to the next goal. Just a little at a time.

Moving can be stressful, and exhausting, so don't become overwhelmed with the business.

Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Super WAHM

Girl...You have been busy with other things!

ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO GIVE UP BECAUSE YOU HAD PERSONAL THINGS GOING ON?

You knew when you signed on this was not an over night thing!

Now you are going to let moving get in the way?

You need motivation for what? Getting back in the game. Or were you never there to begin with?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
WAHM Addict

Hey Nicole,

It's hard when you are SO excited about something so you start... But, what brings you down is the fact that you were never able to begin in the first place.

Like the ladies before me said... Small steps and small goals. This is an awesome opportunity that we are all here to help you succeed. We all have set backs when we get started. For me it was having a 2 wk old baby and 2 boys running around my house! I thought I'd never to the training website.

Try to think about the business daily, think of what you will do when you are able to work it. We have our meetings that can be downloaded to MP3 as Lauren mentioned... If you want ANY of our calls just email me and I'll get those to you!

We all understand how you are feeling right now but you need to think of what this business can bring you in the next year or two! We are here for you when you need us Nicole and thank you for reaching out for the help!!! That is a GREAT start there! You knew you feeling down and instead of just letting fester you decided to reach out for advice! That is on the right path!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
WAHM Regular

How do we download calls to mp3?
What is mp3?
Can I do it from my computer?
Do I do it from my phone?
I am so lost on this topic.

I would LOVE to have copies of the training calls to listen to during the day - I am usually putting babies to bed when the calls start.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
WAHM Addict

An MP3 player is something you download music or files from the internet to... You can download a call to your MP3 player and listen while you are jogging, working whatever... An I-Pod is an MP3 player, my cell phone has an MP3 player.

I record all calls I do for my team and I send out a link to download the file to an MP3 player.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Super WAHM

Hey Nichole.... Number one thing I will call ya tomorrow and we can chat.. Number 2 thing is this.. Do you remember this post?

just want to be up front with all you girls on the Freedom at Home team. I will probably tell Sandy in an email as well. Heres my situation.. We just purchased our first home.. now its a HUGE stretch financially.. we need to come up with $100-$200 dollars a month at the very least somewhere besides my husbands current 2 jobs. We close on the house July 18th and we have from then to August 1st to be out of our apartment. Now obviously I needed to get a job from home quick.. and I am so happy I chose Ameriplan! I can see myself doing great in this business.. But I am torn... because I am going to be SOOO busy from now until July 18th trying to get everything packed and ready to go.. Im also in charge of getting the loan in order and insurance, so I am busy, especially with 2 boys under 3 thrown into the mix. Once we get all moved August 1st, I KNOW I will have SOOO much more time to dedicate to the business.. I just want you to know that Ive already spent a couple hours training, listening to Dani Johnson, going over the scripts.. and I really need to get money going quickly, but as you can see, Im SWAMPED closing on the house and trying to get packed.. my husband works ALOT, so hes not here alot to help out either. So if I dont seem like Im putting as much effort as some of you would into it at first, its not because Im not excited or THRILLED to be starting a new business (because honestly, I cant WAIT to start making money and learning more about the company!!!!). I just want you to know, Im not signing up and bumming out on you, I just have ALOT of things going on right now, so my time is just torn.
So we all knew from the get go that you had a bunch of stuff on your plate when you signed up... Just take a breath and do what you need to do concerning moving.If you can sqeeze in a few training calls and such that would be great.Place a few ads... Put up some flyers when you go out and about.Get all done with the moving and suchand then concentrate 100% on Ameriplan....Remember you joined us because this is something that you can do with your family. I mean you can stay at home and do this. This is your business and I know by the questions you ask that YOU can do it... Dont throw it all away...One day and one day soon you will be making great money with the company..You will look back and say.. Uhggg and i wanted to quit.... NO NO your too good to do that... It just takes time. Nothing happens over night.
sandy