WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Affiliate Marketing (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/)
-   -   Opinions on SFI (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/680410-opinions-sfi.html)

candysue 01-16-2013 01:03 PM

Opinions on SFI

Anyone have any more opinions about SFI. I am thinking about signing up but still unsure.

lisadlastdegree 01-16-2013 09:11 PM

Hi Candy, What is attracting to you to SFI over other opportunities? Have you found someone to work with? Cheers, Lisa

Katey 01-17-2013 07:28 AM

Hi candysue,

I responded to the recent SFI post but have decided to opt out. I did some research, there are some WAHM threads about them too, and a lot of people said that they only made about $100.00 a month with SFI, some made a lot less.

I guess there a people who are making good money with SFI but I don't like that their affiliates are expected to recruit other affiliates and then act as a "team leader". Also, the person or people who run SFI also own a magazine publishing company and at some point SFI affiliates are expected to purchase subscriptions in order to "advance to the next level". There are those who say the SFI is legit and those that say don't bother.

Here is a link to Scam.com where you can get some insight into SFI.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=557

Be sure to read all of the posts, not just the positive ones, to get a full perspective. Here is one that made me stop and think:

"Sorry folks, SFI is a scam. First of all, SFI has not been around 15 years, Carson Services has but not SFI, SFI started somewhere around 1999-2000. Prior to that Carson Services was really just a magazine publisher and did tons of direct mail.

Gery Carson tells all of his affiliates that they must be MIQ in order to make the big money, typically, being MIQ means that people must spend approximately $30.00 a month, every month. Well knowing many people that were in SFI, I did the analysis and found that the average return over three months for people that were MIQ (or $90.00 less richer) was a mere $21. No kidding folks, MIQ works because they get people to join for free, then entice them by saying they can be come extremely wealthy by being MIQ and getting more people involved. Wrong.. why do you think Gery Carson has changed the compensation plan 4 times in the past year, with the last change just coming this past January. The only one that is really becoming wealthy off SFI is Gery Carson.. There are many other "more legitimate" biz opps out there than SFI. But if you don't believe me, ask Gery the tough questions and make him back up his answers with PROOF...."

Hope this helps.

Katey

Adrianne 01-17-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katey (Post 3070199)
I guess there a people who are making good money with SFI but I don't like that their affiliates are expected to recruit other affiliates and then act as a "team leader". Also, the person or people who run SFI also own a magazine publishing company and at some point SFI affiliates are expected to purchase subscriptions in order to "advance to the next level". There are those who say the SFI is legit and those that say don't bother.

I was in SFI years ago and found it a little tough to market.
With all the changes that have come down the pipeline, I
decided to give them another try. I have not experienced
any "expectations" to become a team leader. Once an affiliate
accumulates 3000 points, and have been an Executive Affiliate
for at least 2 months, they will earn their first team leader position.

The first promotion is Executive Affiliate, which is obtained by
reaching 1500 points. I was able to do this in about 3 days,
without spending a dime. A couple days after that, I had 13
affiliates in my downline, given to me by the company. After
accumulating 3000 points in my first month, an extra 30 new
affiliates were added to my downline. Again, without spending
any money.

In order to maintain EA status, an affiliate has to earn 1500
points per month. This can be done by following a list of tasks
that are set up in the back office.

For those who choose not to accumulate points by doing tasks,
they have the option of making a monthly purchase to earn their
points this way, but it's not mandatory. 2 products are worth
1500 points which is the liquid vitamins for $32.22 / mo and the
online subscription which is $29.95 / month. There are a multitude
of products to choose from if they do not want either one of these.

Points can also be earned by signing up people to triple clicks
where affiliates can sell their own stuff, there are products sold for
auction, and you can also market triple clicks to local stores in
your area so they can sell their products online. TC is also free
to join as well.

It's not uncommon for an MLM to change their compensation plan.
This is why I don't operate just one home business. It happens.
That doesn't mean it's a scam. As far as being MIQ, I have no
idea what that is. I logged into my back office and searched this
term in our FAQs, the SFI forum, and the glossary and it did not
come up. Maybe it was one of the changes SFI done away with.

candysue 01-17-2013 02:24 PM

Thanks for all the great info. I may decide to go ahead and give them a try. I mean it doesn't hurt to try right?

Katey 01-17-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candysue (Post 3070385)
Thanks for all the great info. I may decide to go ahead and give them a try. I mean it doesn't hurt to try right?

No, it definitely can't hurt to try. I may have been too hasty in deciding to opt out.

I'm going to keep trying to get in on affiliate marketing. I'm an Internet freak so affiliate marketing sounds like the perfect job for me but I can't seem to get a firm grasp on how it is done. :confused:

I wish you success with SFI, it may turn out to be a stepping stone to something that turns out really well for you. Good luck!

Katey

lisadlastdegree 01-18-2013 04:43 PM

Affiliate marketing training

Hi Kately and Candy
I was just re-reading your thread. Yes you can waste a lot of time trialling and testing different internet affiliate marketing programs. I invested in one-on-one coaching and then later when I was comfortable with a training network. It is a fun and lucrative home business once you know all the tools and tips to use and keep networking. I am a mum to twins, and I do work but affiliate marketing is my part-time extra cash business. If you want to work with me I can certainly give you the training to kick start it.
Cheers
Lisa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katey (Post 3070474)
No, it definitely can't hurt to try. I may have been too hasty in deciding to opt out.

I'm going to keep trying to get in on affiliate marketing. I'm an Internet freak so affiliate marketing sounds like the perfect job for me but I can't seem to get a firm grasp on how it is done. :confused:

I wish you success with SFI, it may turn out to be a stepping stone to something that turns out really well for you. Good luck!

Katey

lindastacy 01-19-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candysue (Post 3070385)
...I mean it doesn't hurt to try right?

It depends. If you go in understanding exactly what you can lose by trying then probably it won't hurt if it doesn't work out. But if you can't afford to lose whatever time and money you invest, then it may hurt.

I often hear people say "it doesn't cost anything to join so you can't lose anything." But then when a company doesn't meet their expectations or worse, goes under, they are angry and hurt. And it's possible to lose credibility or your reputation.

I don't know anything about SFI so I have no idea whether it's a good idea. I'm just saying, always go into something with realistic expectations about what you will be doing and how much work and time it's going to take.Research and ask a lot of questions before you make your decision.

Beth Williamson 01-31-2013 12:51 PM

Sfi

I did SFI for a while and just had no luck with it at all.

hdavis77 02-03-2013 03:27 PM

I am with SFI. I joined because it was free. I have earned a few dollars, but it is very confusing to me. I won't say that it is not a good opportunity, but it is not working for me. I went ahead & found something else. They have been around for a long time though.