Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Starting affiliate marketing

Hello everyone. Besides adsense, which other great ways are there to increase earnings from visitors clicking on links on your page? Also, I see that wordpress has an 18.00 a month rate. Can you post html ads there? Do any of you have Skype? I would love to talk further to get more into affiliate marketing this year - It's my main goal. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

Welcome to affiliate marketing!

Feel free to probe my brain at will, and I'll happily post my answers here. That way, I can help you and others, too.

What options do you have to make money as an affiliate marketer? Many! Let me give you the 2 most popular choices:

1. Advertising Networks: You sell your traffic. You can earn money in several ways here: clicks, impressions, or fixed rates over time.

2. Affiliate Programs: Promote affiliate offers. Compensation comes when a visitor you refer, via your unique affiliate linking code, performs a desired action: signs up for a free offer, or purchases something. You can get paid in several ways: per free join, per sale, or a percentage of ongoing sales.

I'm not familiar with Wordpress.com. I am, however, intimately familiar with Wordpress as a content management system. My best advice is to buy a domain and purchase inexpensive, yet reliable virtual hosting.

I don't like to post links here, in case Admin takes an issue with it. However, I'd be more than happy to respond to messages.

As far as ad networks go: Adsense is the best. When considering affiliate programs, you can't go wrong with Amazon Associates and Click Bank.

All the best!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Super WAHM

There are many good programs that teach affiliate marketing, but probably the most important step is to choose a niche. It's much easier to earn if you laser focus your affiliate marketing on something that really interests you. I have tried several of these kinds of programs and learned something from each of them.

As Maria said, clickbank and Amazon are great affiliate programs, although the earning potential from clickbank per sale is much higher than through Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Sharon (sreece)
Old 01-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Any idea of what your niche is? Once you know that then you can begin looking a programs that you think are a fit.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_mae89 View Post
Hello everyone. Besides adsense, which other great ways are there to increase earnings from visitors clicking on links on your page? Also, I see that wordpress has an 18.00 a month rate. Can you post html ads there? Do any of you have Skype? I would love to talk further to get more into affiliate marketing this year - It's my main goal. Thanks

You can sell advertising space, list affiliate / cpa offers on your site, and utilize contextual links for certain keywords within your content. If you're looking into affiliate marketing - good choice. Tons of money to be made.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Super WAHM

If you are going to go into affiliate marketing, I would make sure that you find programs that can pay you residual income.

In my 11 years online, and after selling 3000+ products in the work at home niche that paid me a one time commission, I can tell you that this should be your main focus. There are many products in many niches that can pay you each month for old customers.

People are willing to pay for something each month if it benefits them.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Besides adsense you can use Bidvertiser,kontera,clikbooth for your site to generate revenue.You can also opt for cpa network to monetise your site and it is based on cost per action.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

promoting affiliate marketing through a website/ or blog is indeed one way to make money through affiliate marketing but certainly not the only one. Myself, I do own a number of domains/ websites but also use other methods to promote affiliate products without ever using a website or blog.

In fact my largest 'fast cash' net came from promoting an item soley without the use of a website or blog - through online advertising. Many will talk about losing money with adsense and facebook advertising but I advocate the use of paid advertising methods IF you take the time to properly learn the in's and out's of each method BEFORE starting a campaign - I have also used paid Solo Advertising to targeting ezines or websites with success along with other online advertising methods including article writing - press releases and even paid classified in local newspapers.

What I'm just pointing out is that there are a ton of ways to promote affiliate links if you really keep an open mind and really just think about 'where are the buyers of what you are selling hanging out' get the offer in front of the people who want what you're selling & have the means to buy (you only get paid when they BUY)

Best wishes - regardless of what methods you choose to promote your links the biggest step is JUST doing SOMETHING ....
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM
WAHM Regular

That is some really great tips and information all you folks have posted, got my brain to churning with ideas, lol, thanks!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered WAHM

I started an affiliate marketing program myself about a month ago. I have not seen a profit as of yet, however the other people I speak to say it will take time to see a profit. How long did it take all of you to begin making money through affiliate marketing?: