Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default Newbie Question

I am new to affliate marketing. I bought a product I enjoy and they offered to make me an affliate. They suggested advertising their link on facebook. My question is- is this okay with a regular facebook (personal) account? I don't want facebook booting me off an account.

Also is it okay to put this affliate link into Twitter or Pinterest?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2013, 01:07 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
I am new to affliate marketing. I bought a product I enjoy and they offered to make me an affliate. They suggested advertising their link on facebook. My question is- is this okay with a regular facebook (personal) account? I don't want facebook booting me off an account.

Also is it okay to put this affliate link into Twitter or Pinterest?
You actually can use affiliate links on Facebook. However, it is an FTC requirement that you disclose you are an affiliate. So you would need to share that.
You can also use aff. links in Twitter.
Last time I checked you could not use them in Pinterest though you could direct someone to a blog where you have an affiliate link.

The main thing here is to make sure that you are not spamming your friends and family.

Also keep in mind that most people are on Facebook to socialize not buy product. So it is likely going to be a tough sale. You may be better off starting a website in a related niche and sharing the product.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Super WAHM

Yes, it's ok - but for a lot of niches it's a total waste of time, you would be better off buying targeted buyer traffic,
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes it's ok but may be a waste of time. I tried posting my blog post on FB and paid $5 to advertise my post which was a complete waste.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Targeted traffic

Well i have been posting on Facebook for a while now with my new company.. Had some success. So i guess its about luck more than anything else.. I would love to find out where does one get that targeted traffic.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:57 AM
WAHM Regular

I think, thats will not work at all. So, do not waste your time to do it.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahsonzok View Post
Well i have been posting on Facebook for a while now with my new company.. Had some success. So i guess its about luck more than anything else.. I would love to find out where does one get that targeted traffic.
Well that's easy, it's high quality targeted and exclusive and you ask me.

And it's not about luck. If your results were low (assuming you had a decent sales funnel to followup with them) your traffic, and that includes facebook traffic (which is pretty lousy for make money offers), is poor quality.

Last edited by AllanJames; 11-29-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: spelling, again :-(
Old 11-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Super WAHM

Would you be purchasing ads on facebook or are they talking about advertising your links in facebook groups or fan pages? If it is the latter I would say that is not a good idea because most people don't pay it any attention.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMaa View Post
Would you be purchasing ads on facebook or are they talking about advertising your links in facebook groups or fan pages? If it is the latter I would say that is not a good idea because most people don't pay it any attention.
Sorry, who are you direction the your question at?

If it's about the exclusive targeted leads we're using to get 50% conversions, the answer is a resounding no.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Registered WAHM

Indeed, you are able to post your affiliate link on your Facebook timeline.

Here is a helpful tip on how to get people clicking on your affiliate website by using Facebook.

When you begin to post your affiliate link on your Facebook page, make sure to come up with an outstanding title or message. And if you took the time to really brainstorm a compelling message to introduce your affiliate link, and not rushing through it to quickly, most likely, you are going to have a whole bunch of people clicking on your affiliate site nonstop, and hopefully you might generate some sales from it as well.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Arieajiol; 12-02-2013 at 01:47 AM.