Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Super WAHM

Default Anyone use Weebly?

I read that Weebly allows affiliate ads, and I'm looking at moving my writer's site over there. Don't know much about it. I built a site there once, but it was not to my liking, so I deleted it. It seems sort of difficult to tweak the templates the way you want. I know they've changed it a lot, so I'm going to check it out again.

I figured that I could do some writing program ads, maybe some ClickBank that has to do with writing and some Amazon stuff.

The thing I don't like about it is I like having a blog on my site, but their blog is really kinda sucky, or it was last time I used it. Of course, I could have a Blogger blog and link to it from the nav bar.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 03:15 AM
WAHM Addict

I believe they no longer allow ads for e-books if you host there using their free service. Many of the terms of service have changed fairly recently - I suggest plenty of careful research and not relying on any second-hand information!

For what it's worth, I've heard very good things (from people who have been using it for many years) about their paid service "Weebly Pro", and I think they might actually be a better hosting company that they're widely credited with. I think many people in forums make general comments about "Weebly hosting" when they're actually talking only about the free service (which does, undeniably, have some strings and catches as one might expect), so some of what you read may inadvertently be misleading you.

Anything's better than "Blogger", anyway?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
I believe they no longer allow ads for e-books if you host there using their free service. Many of the terms of service have changed fairly recently - I suggest plenty of careful research and not relying on any second-hand information!

For what it's worth, I've heard very good things (from people who have been using it for many years) about their paid service "Weebly Pro", and I think they might actually be a better hosting company that they're widely credited with. I think many people in forums make general comments about "Weebly hosting" when they're actually talking only about the free service (which does, undeniably, have some strings and catches as one might expect), so some of what you read may inadvertently be misleading you.

Anything's better than "Blogger", anyway?
For a professional site, I don't want a blog, but I want a blog to be part of it, where I can post articles about my career and about writing in general. You and I will have to agree to disagree about Blogger, though, because I like it (as you well know). If I have a blog attached to my Weebly site, it will probably be on Blogger, since I will be able to use a subdomain there for free. I'm all about free and easy.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 AM
WAHM Addict

I have used Weebly and honestly, I didn't like it. I have several free websites at Webs.com and it is really easy to use.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSAldridge View Post
I'm all about free and easy.
That's maybe why we seem to disagree about so much: I'm all about getting reliable, secure, professional, guaranteed services with built-in customer care facilities that give me legal rights, plenty of reassurances and the prospect of redress if things go wrong. The cost of that security is negligibly small and it's all tax-deductible anyway.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorah View Post
I have used Weebly and honestly, I didn't like it. I have several free websites at Webs.com and it is really easy to use.
Yes, I liked Web.com too when I set up a community there once. But you can't use your domain for free. Weebly appeals to me for that reason.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27 AM
WAHM Addict

No problem, just wanted to throw it out there for ya!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuliya Mironova View Post
That's maybe why we seem to disagree about so much: I'm all about getting reliable, secure, professional, guaranteed services with built-in customer care facilities that give me legal rights, plenty of reassurances and the prospect of redress if things go wrong. The cost of that security is negligibly small and it's all tax eductible anyway.
I agree. I simply cannot understand why anyone wouldn't want to spend $10 a month for (my preference) a Hostgator account, install Wordpress on it and purchase a decent theme for it.

That way you have full control.

Using Blogger, Weebly and others is a bit like building a brick and mortar business premises on 5 year leased land - risky
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Weebly

I kind of like weebly. I am just starting to make websites, and I hope I don't run into any issues with it, but I find it so much easier than wordpress. I think you can probably make a more complicated site with wordpress, and if I was doing something really professional wordpress might be better. But just starting out, for a fairly simple blog with a few affiliate links, it seems to be working and I have make a really nice website in a week, where I have been working on another one with wordpress for months and barely started because it is so hard...
Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brondie View Post
I kind of like weebly. I am just starting to make websites, and I hope I don't run into any issues with it, but I find it so much easier than wordpress. I think you can probably make a more complicated site with wordpress, and if I was doing something really professional wordpress might be better. But just starting out, for a fairly simple blog with a few affiliate links, it seems to be working and I have make a really nice website in a week, where I have been working on another one with wordpress for months and barely started because it is so hard...
It really is easy to make a professional looking site there. My son did his site on Weebly, which is what made me think of it. I asked him who designed it, and he said he created it on Weebly.