Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 PM
experience's Avatar
Super WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I travel a lot
Posts: 303
Default Affiliates don't like my sales page.

Affiliates donít like my old fashioned sales page because they think it is too dull to produce conversions. I know that the big problem with the page is that it just states the facts. Shock Ė Horror! No bells and whistles, no free offers, no discounts.

The funny thing about it is that I have a conversion rate of 1.2%.

I do no advertising and my traffic is generated entirely through posts on this and other sites, so sales are low due entirely to the low traffic rate. It does not worry me greatly, because the book publishing is only a hobby to stop me going crazy in my health enforced retirement, butÖ..

I would like to get some recognition for the work I have done, and while it is nice to know that I have helped a few people avoid losing their shirts, I would like to have a wider audience. No author likes to remain unknown.

I know I could increase traffic by blogging, tweeting, facebooking, youtube etc., but Iím too old to do that and anyway, it doesnít interest me. I wonít even change my sales page to look like all of the others on Clickbank.

You see, I like my page the way it is because my page is me, and obviously a good number of visitors to my site like it the way it is too.

If you all think I am a stubborn old fool living in the past, I will just plod along and enjoy what I am doing. If any members have a look and decide to give it a try as affiliates, I would be pleased to know about it.

P.S. I am writing another book. Maybe I have gone crazy?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM
experience's Avatar
Super WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I travel a lot
Posts: 303
Default Update

I received an email from a visitor my site asking is the book up to date. The reason for the question is that "the site looks old."

I added a note to my site as a result, with this answer to the reader's question: "The answer is: Yes, the book was written in 2012, and updated in March 2013. The style is old fashioned because I refuse to follow modern trends to over-hype and offer valueless freebies to sell the book. I want you to buy it only if you are sure it is what you need. There are no bells and whistles here and no false or exaggerated promises."

Today I sold a copy to my first customer from Belgium. A young woman preparing to set up a shopfront, and I am pleased to say she is doing thorough research before launching.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
kpfingaz's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Saint Vincent
Posts: 110
Default

I hope you can take a little constructive criticism because I'm going to give some. If not, don't read any further.

I'm an affiliate and I don't like it either. I won't send traffic to it.

Your website doesn't have to look all fancy and modern but it does have to at least make me want to read it. There isn't enough white space, too much bold text and nothing really stands out and grabs you.

I would suggest constantly tweaking the page to make it better and to improve your conversion rates.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 AM
experience's Avatar
Super WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I travel a lot
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfingaz View Post
I hope you can take a little constructive criticism because I'm going to give some. If not, don't read any further.

I'm an affiliate and I don't like it either. I won't send traffic to it.

Your website doesn't have to look all fancy and modern but it does have to at least make me want to read it. There isn't enough white space, too much bold text and nothing really stands out and grabs you.

I would suggest constantly tweaking the page to make it better and to improve your conversion rates.
Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. I am very grateful to you.

I will take notice of what you have said and see if I can tweak it to look more presentable.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 AM
SavvyMom's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,842
Default

It looks like you offer a good product!

I would suggest changing the "Starttodayhomebusiness" at the top. Either separate it into words or just say something else there. Also, the picture at the top doesn't seem to fit in with the theme of your eBook and I can't see the two images at the bottom. As an affiliate these would be some things that would keep me from promoting your website.

As far as conversion rates go 1 -3% is average so you're not doing too bad.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM
experience's Avatar
Super WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I travel a lot
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove View Post
It looks like you offer a good product!

I would suggest changing the "Starttodayhomebusiness" at the top. Either separate it into words or just say something else there. Also, the picture at the top doesn't seem to fit in with the theme of your eBook and I can't see the two images at the bottom. As an affiliate these would be some things that would keep me from promoting your website.

As far as conversion rates go 1 -3% is average so you're not doing too bad.
Thanks for your comment and suggestions. I will change the top heading as you suggest. As for the picture, I struggled to find anything appropriate but in view of your comment I will try again.

As for the two images, they were deleted and there should not be any blank image boxes there. Being an amateur at IT work does cause me some problems, but I will persist.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
SavvyMom's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,842
Default

There are several websites where you can get free images, one to check out would be Free Photos - Free Images - Free Stock Photos - FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
experience's Avatar
Super WAHM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: I travel a lot
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove View Post
There are several websites where you can get free images, one to check out would be Free Photos - Free Images - Free Stock Photos - FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Thanks again.

These helpful responses from you and kpfingaz are an excellent reason to show why people use this forum.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
affiliates, conversion rate, ebook, sales page

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off