Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I want to give this a try, but I don't know where to start...

So, I've been a stay at home mom for the past 3 1/2 years. I've been home ever since I found out I was pregnant with my first son in November 2007. I loved being home with my baby, and when I was expecting my second, I was so excited to be able to be a stay at home mom. Unfortunately, due to the economy it was impossible for me to continue to stay home with my boys. I went back to work in November 2010 and I really do like my job, but I really, really miss being home with my boys. My second son was only 2 months old when I had to go back to the working world. I miss them so much, and of course, now I have childcare expenses that eat half of my income. I hate the fact that their daycare provider gets to have all of the fun with them, and I have to sit in an office all day in front of a computer. They are literally on my mind from the second I drop them off in the morning, to the second I pick them up in the evening.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we are catching up on our bills, but I'm interested in doing some work from home at night (when I'm not working my B&M job), and hopefully working my income up so I can eventually come back home with my "babies". I've been reading a lot recently about affiliate marketing, and it sounds very interesting, and something I could do for a few hours at night to start out. I just have no idea where to start. Are there any seasoned affiliate marketers out there that would be willing to give me some tips or lead me in the right direction?

Thanks! :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Smile

I started doing customer service but got fed up with dealing with irate customers on the phone.....way too stressful. Then, I enjoyed medical transcription for several years......enjoyed that but my wrists started to go and didn't want to do surgery, plus, the editing was paying a lot less than I had been making with my straight transcription.

I started Internet marketing 3 months ago and have really enjoyed it and had success.

1st Month: $132.01
2nd Month: $238.50
3rd Month: $867.74

On target to INCREASE my income in my 4th month (March 2011), and I am so excited!

It isn't for everyone, but it is working for me. Check out my blog if you like.

_______

Update: I have made over $1075.00 this month (March 2011), and it is not even HALF way thru the month yet. I am super stoked!

Last edited by ~ Rosie ~; 03-12-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: remove self-promotion link - please follow forum rules
Old 03-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedMommy View Post
! :-)

I have been doing affiliate marketing for almost eight years and I am the sole bread winner in my house, I pay all the bills etc.

Here is a blog filled with info to get you started. Where to sign up, how to advertise, resources. If you need help just pm me.

E-mail Marketing Tools for Internet Marketers, Affiliates & Wahm’s

Listed below is just a few resources:

E-mail Marketing Tools

9 Proven Techniques to Double Your Sales

1-2-All Email Marketing

About.com Email Marketing
Email Marketing Tips, Tricks and Secrets.

24/7 Press Release

Marketing Today
A guide to US and international email marketing laws and resources. This site is regularly updated with the latest legal proceedings.

My Newsletter Builder
Create, schedule, and track reports for email marketing campaigns, as well as build and publish email newsletters and automate email lists. Free 30 day trial with no credit card required.

StreamSend
Build and manage high quality lists, launch successful campaigns and send and track email. Automatically format and deliver HTML, text email or multipart messages using HTML editor. Automatic subscribe/ unsubscribe management. Free 30 day trial with no credit card required.

Links Manager – Ethical website promotion made simple.
Search engine friendly, easy to use. Free 30 day offer.

Search Engine Marketing Tools

Internet Marketing Resources & Tools

There are also listing of work at home jobs, typing jobs and biz Ops.

Last edited by cibermom; 03-12-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: remove self-promotion link - please follow forum rules
Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the great tips and links. I am definitely going to check them out. Rosie, your numbers are very motivating for me. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions along the way. Thanks ladies! :-)
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Super WAHM

Just be aware that it can take time to get a decent income rolling in. It's not the quick and easy money that many unethical web sites or programs promise. But if you keep at it, you can do pretty well. I'm always available if you have questions about what affiliate marketing is like in reality.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
Just be aware that it can take time to get a decent income rolling in. It's not the quick and easy money that many unethical web sites or programs promise. But if you keep at it, you can do pretty well. I'm always available if you have questions about what affiliate marketing is like in reality.
I have been doing affiliate marketing for eight years and I not my husband pays all the bills with what I make. it's not a scam and it's 100% legit. You also don't have to pay any fees like almost 80% of other biz ops or work at home jobs.

Affiliate companies don't promise anything quick and easy and it's not unethical.
Every company I'm with is on the Fortune 500 list. They are the top companies in their class.

So, yes I know what affiliate marketing really is. And I also work my butt off to make $5,000 per month. I don't know where you found that kind of info but it is way off.

I also don't appreciate someone reporting my blog to wordpress to get it destroyed after I worked my butt off on it to help other work at home moms. That's what I call UNETHICAL.

If anyone wants to know the real truth PM me. I've been doing it for eight years and I am with the best companies around.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Angry

I think you have MLM and affiliate marketing mixed up. Affiliates get paid to promote products and companies like Meijer, Finish Line, bath & BodyWorks, As seen on tv items, insurance, email marketing companies, health supplies, gifts, kid's stores, games, coupons, Sally Beauty, Kmart, E.L.F, diseases such as diabetes, medicine,
Tom's Shoes, Tom Tom GPS, MeritLine, American greetings, kodak and the list goes on. You get a percentage of sales thru stores and you get paid per lead for other things. Paid per lead is the easiest and the best way i earn money.

Now, if anyone thinks the above is unethical, and have false promises, then there is a serious problem, LOL.

I am here to help people make real money, not BASH others.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
WAHM Regular

Why don't you start a blog about a topic that you feel passionate about? You can then apply to the Amazon affiliate program and promote some of their products. Amazon has the best affiliate program out there.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmommyoftwo View Post
I have been doing affiliate marketing for eight years and I not my husband pays all the bills with what I make. it's not a scam and it's 100% legit. You also don't have to pay any fees like almost 80% of other biz ops or work at home jobs.

Affiliate companies don't promise anything quick and easy and it's not unethical.
Every company I'm with is on the Fortune 500 list. They are the top companies in their class.

So, yes I know what affiliate marketing really is. And I also work my butt off to make $5,000 per month. I don't know where you found that kind of info but it is way off.

I also don't appreciate someone reporting my blog to wordpress to get it destroyed after I worked my butt off on it to help other work at home moms. That's what I call UNETHICAL.

If anyone wants to know the real truth PM me. I've been doing it for eight years and I am with the best companies around.
Hi sweetmommyoftwo, I'm a little confused. Are you thinking I was talking about you?
Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
RozPearcy

Affiliate marketing can take time to build up an income, and there is A LOT to learn about how to market on the internet. I've been marketing online for nearly a year now and still learn new things every day. I would suggest to hire a mentor who is successful at affiliate marketing (not me lol, my thing is network marketing, there are far more talented people that know affiliate marketing inside and out) that can teach you how to do it the right way so you aren't guessing your way through everything.

It will be an initial investment, but my opinion is that you'll cut your learning curve dramatically and ultimately make more money quicker.