Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Default off: topic $2,2400 dollars

hi i recieve a check for over two thousand dollars the person wants me to cash it in my bank, which im not of course, but here is the thing i got 4 emails telling me if i dont cash it that the police and lawyers are coming to my house for legal action, so that i need to cash it, so my question is are they saying that just to scare me so i can cash it, i really dont want no trouble, any advice.. im waiting 2 see if anyone really comes and i will hand them back the check because i refuse 2 cash it,
Thanks, ms. tired (arlene)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
WAHM Regular

They are just trying to scare you. Just stop replying to the emails. They will eventually stop. You can also contact http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Last edited by mahalo; 11-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 AM
WAHM Regular

From where exactly did you get that check? Who are these people? Why did you get this check? Do you think that they are trying to use you for money laundering?
They can't force you to cash the check, it sounds very strange (and criminal)...
Old 11-22-2010, 01:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile thanks...

hi just want to thank the two members who reply me back, by the way it was for a online advertising company who want people to do newspaper advertising for them, what really caught my eyes was they want me to get three international money orders and mail it to a p.o. box two canada but the check is from a bank in california. and they specify it had to be cash from my bank account and if they ask for a phone number to give the bank my number and not to give them none of their info, also they said that the check was certified mail thats B.S cause if it was certified i would have to sign for it i never did it came straight mail with no return address..
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Yeah, the whole international money order thing is a scam. Glad you didn't fall for it
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
WAHM Addict

The check is real but only for a limited time. Once you cash it and use the money to send them their money orders, the check will not clear your bank because it takes 14 days for the check to clear. That's why they are pressuring you to cash the check right away. If you want to deposit it, make sure you give it about 3 weeks to clear and don't spend the money. If there is a problem with the check, then the bank will just take their money back. Of course, you will probably piss off the people who sent you the check but that's what they get for trying to pull a scam. Or you can trash it and be done with the whole thing.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Awesome WAHM

It's a scam!

Post their details and copy of email on
ScamRadar.com to warn others as well.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Registered WAHM

Yes, it may be scam as well, no one is going to give you money in free and behave like this.......
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

This is your typical scam, don't buy into it!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Absolutely this is a scam. The last thing they want to do is get the police and lawyers involved.