Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Newbie question on Virtual Assistants

So, i have been lurking in this forum for about a year or so and this seems like the most fun way to make money online. But it also seems to be the most time consuming and takes the longest to get a return. i mean, from watching 30 day challenge, it seems there are so many steps. you've got to market research your chosen niche, set up a website, buy a domain, produce content, get backlinks, whew! i have been wondering if you all use virtual assistants from Odesk, since some of you noted you had up to 160 sites!! i recently used a VA in Bangladesh for .50/hr to do some research( i understand a good backlinker, etc would cost a lot more) and it seems like a good way to duplicate my efforts and make money faster. However i am not employed so i cant risk spending too much money. Has anyone here found it rewarding to hire a Virtual Assistant?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Hiring a VA can be extremely rewarding but, as you have already mentioned, you need to be careful about spending money if you can't afford to lose it.

I would suggest that you concentrate on one thing; one affiliate program or one website and just work on it, create the content yourself and build it up. When you are bringing in the money, move on - hire a VA to take some of the work of of your hands and replicate the process continuously. That way, you will eventually end up with numerous sites (if that is your goal) and have va's doing most of the content creation.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
WAHM Regular

I recommend building a list. Capture the traffic you're getting.

Obviously, you're going to need an autoresponder, domain name, and web hosting. You'll also need a sales page unless you plan on placing the opt-in form on your blog.

Blogging takes a little more keyword research and SEO, in my opinion, in order to be ranked highly. You will need lots of links. That can probably be outsourced. If you don't have the money, you'll have to build links in other ways, i.e. social networking,etc.

I recommend you visit a website called freetraffictip.com by Tinu Abayomi-Paul. This is a lady who has consulted for all kinds of businesses like carpet-cleaning, internet marketing, restaurants, etc. I'm taking her SEO course right now and realizing that...wow...I've got SEO all wrong. I've got to really plan this out properly.

One of the points she teaches is that you need to determine how much money you'd like to make per month, and she's got a formula that will tell you how much traffic you need to draw to your website.

Dynamic sites like blogs, article directories -- sites that tend to update constantly benefit better from SEO than static websites.

But you should always be building your list and nurturing those people.

One thing I'd tell you to ward away from nowadays -- it was okay before -- don't use your Blogger blog anymore for blogging. Recently within the past three weeks of Google changing their algorhithm many Blogger blogs were yanked down for spam. Many unwitting newbies lost all their content and all their links.

Go some place other than Blogger.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:39 AM
WAHM Regular

thanks to you both, i appreciate the tips
Old 04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

I don't outsource and I am constantly building websites and promoting them. I have a system I follow and keep notes on what I've done for each website. Once you develop a system and use it, the tasks take less time. I also use certain tools that help me with the tasks I have to do for each website.

The one area that takes up more of my time is writing content. I do plan to outsource a bit of that in the very near future. I've pre-paid for some articles so now all I have to do is tell them what I want.

I belong to a private internet marketing forum and I know some of the members there use virtual assistants. Finding a good VA at Odesk can sometimes be tricky, but there are good ones out there.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Researching your niche, building a site are all a one time process. If your site is not generating income yet i don't think you should hire a VA. If you have a couple of hours everyday and making use of the right strategy you can improve your sales with a few months.

I don't think you mean 160 sites maybe 160 blogs. The truth is, if you have few site you can do justice to them than when you have a lot you can barely maintain. In fact most of them will be useless.

I will advise you focus on one site and create a blog for the site. Each article you submit to your blog will be creating a fresh page on your site.

John
Old 04-18-2010, 12:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I recently tried to do some outsourcing at Odesk and it was not pretty.

I checked backgrounds and writing samples and hired two writers for a simple project. The one girl gave me beautiful samples which checked out clean. BUT when I checked her work for the project, it had all been plagerized.

The other girl never completed the assignment.

I have a credit on there so have to use it up but it was not worth my time.

Hopefully your experience will be different.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Default VA is the way to go

I guess I view this a little differently than most..

I believe you'll be more successful, faster, if you start outsourcing some of your tasks from the get go.. and obviously at 50 cents an hour, you won't go broke! Plus think of how you're making a difference in the life of the person you're paying. You get a ton of work done for pennies.. and they get food on the table.

Everyone wins!
Old 10-31-2018, 02:13 AM
Registered WAHM

Hiring a Virtual Assistant is really a rewarding task. It may be too good as well as too risky.If you are talking about risk that you dont want to take any kind of risk in hiring VA than i recommend you VA service companies those are more reliable i.e. MMF Infotech and Your24x7 VA. I have taken services from these companies and they have provided me quality service without any failure.

Last edited by Roberwilliams01; 11-01-2018 at 05:20 AM.