Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Affiliate Marketing Learning Curve

Hello, my name is Laura and I have a new blog/affiliate site that I have been working on for some months. Affiliate sites can be found in a few legitimate locations like Linkshare and of course Amazon is a good one for beginners.

Linkshare is great because it carries a collection of different companies that come together under one umbrella. For instance, my niche is organic, bamboo and hemp products. Linkshare carries some eco-friendly companies that I can easily get approval from and they are all well known companies.

I would suggest for finding good affiliates, search for affiliates specific to your niche. Then check out their site and how the affiliation works. Oftentimes, they will redirect you to another company, like Linkshare, that will approve you for loads of other types of affiliates. Almost like a one-stop affiliate shop.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Affiliate

i know of a good site called affiliategateways.co
Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Mentor View Post
Affiliate marketing is really the new way to move products and services today. I've heard about people making a lot of money doing it. I'm just starting so hopefully I'm on the right track.
There is great money to be earned in affiliate marketing. But keep that in mind, the money needs to be "earned". Don't go chasing all those fancy claims of marketers promising that their newest "gizmo" will make you an affiliate superstar with the click of 3 buttons. Be careful.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakesmoney View Post
Affiliate Marketing is truly a great way to make money online. I have been doing it for a couple of years now, starting from scratch knowing nothing about it.

If you only get the basics down, you can start making money within weeks, of course this is different for everybody. What you do is you put up "campaigns" where you promote a product through an affiliate link.

To drive traffic to your campaign you can use paid or free methods, payed methods would be PPC pay per click for example, the ads you see to the right in google or other search engines. I only use free methods mostly article writing.

This is what the customers way could look like from search to purchase:
The customer search for certain keywords in google for example, "gps for my child" I make an article to target those specific keywords "gps for my child", the customer read my article click through to my site wich could be a free site where I explain more about the product. Hopefully the customer click through my affiliate link to the merchant site and if they buy anything I get a commission. Anywhere from 3 -75% depending on the product.

The high commissions are usually downloadable products like e-books and softwares.

If you want to know more about affiliate marketing, I put together a free affiliate marketing guide at Link removed by mod, please read and follow forum rules

I would be happy to help you get started,
Vicky
When you say that you use 'article writing' for free methods, where are the articles being posted? Do you have them in a pool for other people to use or do you post them to sites like Hubpages?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

I believe the confusion is between "affiliate marketing" and "network marketing." Network marketing is like Amway. It is were you can make a cut of the % of the people who sign up "under" you. Affiliate marketing is simply doing marketing for products online and getting a cut from their profits. Usually it is a fairly large percentage of their first sale. If you do it right, you can make good money.

I am a beginning Affiliate Marketer. So I have a tutor right now to get me started. For some folks you can learn by the premade learning products, but for me I kept getting stuck because I had questions that were not getting answered. I really needed a tutor.

I hope that helped!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Default If it sounds to good it usually is

What i know from affiliate marketing is that is takes some work and may require some investment as in creating your own domain to be able to utilize the advertisement links they offer. So if you are new to the internet and affiliate marketing I recommend looking at clickbank. They have a wide variety of products you can promote or you can sell your own product. Though it does take a lot of work and the best way is to do article marketing it helps boost your traffic and promotes your name on the web in search results. This will not happen overnight, and takes patience.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Very very difficult

There is great money to be earned in affiliate marketing but very very difficult.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Registered WAHM

Default @ Tip Affiliate Programs Work If Done Right @

Here is how I started without a website but it also works
if you have a website, twitter or facebook account.

Write articles with great keywords. Find a digital product
online first, they are all over the net. Find one that has a
50% or greater commission or just send them to your
website, twitter or facebook account. You see facebook
and twitter are really just your personal website.

I found that using a lot of good keywords in my articles is
what gets them read. Of course you need a good keyword
tool to find the good keywords. This is what makes a reader
want to read your articles. Use the keywords in first line of
the article and in the title. Then find other related keywords for
the text of your article.

Then sumbit your article to newsletters, article directories
and other places (try free article submitter). You will be
selling products online within a day once the directories post
your article. If it is for a product that people want you will make
a ton of sales.

The good thing about this you wont even need a website
because you will be selling other peoples products.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered WAHM

I think that the best way to earn money online is to promote other people products. I mean Affiliate Marketing! But you should take care of the quality of the products you want to promote since there are a lot of scams . . .
I believe that building a website that provides quality info around a specific topic is the best way to start earning online. Getting traffic cause of the quality content makes it easy to make some affiliate sales of products related to your topic.

Last edited by ergasiaon; 12-14-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Closed Thread