View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Registered WAHM

.Has anything worked for you?
What worked for me is doing a complete lifestyle change. Going on these fad diets did not work for me nor did exercising 6 days a week. When I was looking to find a way to lose weight, I wanted something I can stick with forever that was healthy so I educated myself and read a lot of books and did my research online through videos and articles. What has worked for me is eating some protein (no more than 15 grams per meal), lots of green non starchy vegetables, a serving of fruit (approx. 1 cup on a empty stomach), no processed foods, no sugar or artificial sweeteners and no grains. In terms of exercise, I do either a brisk walk of several miles a day or go on my treadmill and do a 20 minute interval combo of running/walking.

..and why do you think it worked? Eliminating the processed foods, sugars, grains and starchy vegetables keeps my blood sugar stable which has helped me to lose weight and keep it off. I don't believe any one diet works for all, however, I do believe it is necessary to eliminate processed foods, sugar and artificial sweeteners (other than stevia) to reach your weight loss goals and achieve a healthy body.

...What have you tried something that hasn't worked...and why do you think it didn't work? Tried to exercise myself to death to lose weight and it simply did not work. I would work out 6 days a week and did not shed not one pound and that is why I strongly believe it's 80% diet and 20% exercise. I've tried many diets as well from South Beach to Atkins to Glycemic Index and more, and they just didn't work for me. I would lose it and then gain it right back.

...Where have you gone to find information that you really trust? Dr. Mercola's website has an abundance of nutritional information. I also particularly enjoy Dr. Hyman's Books and videos and agree with his philosophy to weight loss.

Through all this research, it has inspired me to go to school and become a certified holistic nutritionist coach so I can help others reach their weight goals, in addition to educating people to eat the right foods for overall better health!

Last edited by JoannO; 10-15-2014 at 11:30 PM.