View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verner Dixon View Post
Hi there! I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I was just reading through some of the threads here in the Weight Loss section and a few pressing questions came to my mind...

Outside of the amazingly helpful section in this forum, what other avenues have you tried in order to lose weight?

...Has anything worked for you? ..and why do you think it worked?

...What have you tried something that hasn't worked...and why do you think it didn't work?

...Where have you gone to find information that you really trust?

These are all pretty general questions, and scattered throughout the forum, but maybe getting some answers in one spot will be more efficient.

Weight loss can be a very difficult thing to deal with.. and if we all share, maybe we can help someone else out who stumbles upon this thread.

Thanks for your participation!

I have tried quite a few things over the years. Some worked some haven't. My opinion is that a healthy diet can be a really individual thing. What works for one person, really may not work for another..... having said that.... I tried the 4 hour diet written by Tim Ferriss. It's pretty extreme but if you follow it exactly as outlined, you will lose weight. It's a pretty sparse diet, you can basically only eat protein, vegetables, beans... I think that's about it! LOL. However, once a week , you can have a cheat day. He actually encourages you to have a cheat day and insists that you will lose more weight if you have a cheat day.

The only thing about this diet, however, is that you can't eat this way forever, so the bottom line still remains, I found that it was important for me to find a diet (for nutrition purposes ) that would work long term.

I lost 30 pounds with Tim Ferriss' diet and then went to a nutritionist and started the Eat Right 4 Your Type diet. I love it and it changed my whole way of eating for me and my family. Anyway, that's what worked for me!