- 1 Tbsp. butter (or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 6 slices whole grain bread, dried
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, dried (optional)
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Saute onion and celery until tender and fragrant.
- Sprinkle veggies with 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cut dried bread into 1" cubes.
- Toss bread into veggie mixture and stir to coat.
- Begin to add chicken stock, a little at a time, until desired consistency is met.
- Sprinkle stuffing with another 1/2 tsp. of poultry seasoning and season to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley if desired.
* You can dry bread slices in a 350-degree oven on a cookie sheet turning after a few minutes until bread is crunchy on both sides.